Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2458 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Performs complex to advanced administrative and clerical tasks related to overseeing and monitoring the operations of a Library division.
• Monitors and reviews maintenance and repair operations for the Libraries; investigates and resolves problems that arise during operations.
• Prepares various reports regarding operations.
• Serves as informational resource to staff.
• Assists Library patrons; answers inquiries and provides information.
• Oversees student employees by scheduling and assigning tasks; monitors performance to ensure deadlines and applicable standards are met.
• Assists in planning and scheduling preventative maintenance work.
• Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of outside contractors or trades shop; monitors work of contractors and craft persons; assists in the review of new construction or remodeling to assure compliance with Library facilities maintenance standards.
• Responds to emergencies and closures, including adverse weather. Knows and understands all safety procedures.
• Assists in planning and scheduling mechanical tasks and craft repairs.
• Assists in planning and scheduling tasks related to moving and delivering furniture, supplies, equipment, and other materials.
• Assists in setting up and breaking down spaces for Library programs and special events.
• Maintains inventory control of materials, furnishing, equipment, and other operational materials. Collaboratively makes decisions on whether items should be stored or discarded; oversees the removal of discarded items, the storage of additional items, and reorganization of rooms as needed; coordinates items being sent to auction.
• In consultation with supervisor, monitors and analyzes building conditions, takes corrective action as appropriate.
• Receives shipments of goods and materials; checks shipment for accuracy; may store stock; may enter into computer/inventory system.
*Deliver library materials between Oxford based libraries, and periodically, between the Miami University regional libraries.
• May prepare material for transport from the University; may package and ship materials.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 – 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions related to construction and renovation in spaces.
Requires eighteen to twenty-four months of coursework or training beyond high school and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license required.
Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of inventory control procedures; knowledge of facilities operations procedures. Knowledge of library policies and procedures.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.