Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Senior Manager, Accounts Payable provides managerial support and direction to the accounts payable team and processes through leadership, creative problem solving and solution development. The processes include expense reporting, credit card processing and invoice payments, audit support and various reporting.
• Leads, plans, and provides support to the accounts payable staff and processes.
• Supervises accounts payable manager and assists with training and evaluation of employees to enhance their performance, development and work product.
• Oversees daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end accounts payable processes to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
• Collaborates on development, maintenance and improvement of accounts payable systems and processes.
• Maintains policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) narratives, and training documentation.
• Approves new vendors and maintains vendor relations.
• Participates in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process.
• Participates in various audits, including meeting with third party auditors, developing strategies, and preparing documentation.
• Provides input on company purchasing policies, ensuring adherence through internal and external resources and communicate updates as necessary.
• Prepares, mails, and maintains the organization’s 1099 reporting.
• Remains current on best practices and industry trends.
• Interacts with various staff, at all levels as required, to meet strategic objectives.
• Conducts research, reporting analysis and special projects as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Ability to interact with students, American Public University System (APUS) staff and vendors in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to lead and mentor a team.
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to understand and implement policies and procedures.
• Ability to solve problems in an ever changing environment.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in Business or Accounting.
• Minimum of six (6) years of work experience in accounting, preferably in accounts payable.
• Minimum of three (3) years of management experience required.
• Experience with Great Plains preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.