Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/18/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 4/18/2016 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College
Start Date: 08/11/2016
• Teaching both lecture and laboratory classes in introductory, general and organic chemistry, which may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings and weekends;
• Maintaining instruments used in teaching chemistry;
• Teaching the principles and applications of chemical instrumentation;
• Will assume the lead role in the introductory chemistry program;
• Assisting in the coordination of laboratory facilities;
• Developing and/or revising of curriculum and program, including program review and developing and accessing of student learning outcomes for courses and programs;
• Participating in the accreditation process;
• Communicating effectively with students and staff, and maintaining effective working relationships;
• Developing/utilizing technologies used for classroom presentations;
• Advising students;
• Participating in college/district committees;
• Participating in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
• Cooperating with regard to scheduling classes between colleagues in the same disciplines;
• Participating in student recruiting activities; and
• Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
An earned master’s in chemistry; OR bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND master’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry; OR a valid California Community College Credential; OR the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency); AND demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Evidence of quality instruction at the community college level or beyond with an emphasis on introductory level college chemistry courses;
• Broad based academic background in chemistry;
• Related work experience;
• Knowledge of current laboratory safety practices and procedures;
• Experience serving on campus and district committees;
• Knowledge and use of current educational technology and multimedia-presentation software;
• Knowledge and experience in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes;
• Knowledge and experience in program review and accreditation;
• Commitment to professional growth including demonstrated willingness to improving teaching methodology;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
• Potential to contribute to institutional vitality and growth; and
• Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $54,029 – $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900, fax (559) 499-6007. For information on Clovis Community College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5545.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
This is a full-time tenure track position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/764335
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.