Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2436
Academic Coach (1 position): Full-time, 11-month benefit-eligible position within the TRiO Student Support Services program through Miami University Regional Campuses The Coach will report directly to the TRiO SSS Project Director. The salary will be $32,500 per 11 month contract as stipulated in the grant.
1. Coach will work with TRiO students to develop an Individual Assessment Portfolio (IAP) - assessing non-cognitive skills and outside stress factors that might negatively impact behaviors inside the academy.
2. Coach will help TRiO students create Degree Accomplishment Plans (DAP), creating a roadmap of specific courses to guide students toward earning an Associate Degree on the way to their Bachelor's degree.
3. The coach will have weekly check-ins with TRiO SSS participants during the first semester and every semester thereafter if a student's GPA falls below a 2.0.
4. Coach will help TRiO students with technology and time management along with other good student behaviors.
5. The coach will monitor student progress and have private conversations with students if needed and will act as a referral source for personal counseling to the Counseling Center.
6. The coach will assist participants with their orientation to general academic life and its requirements.
7. Assist in identifying and/or selecting eligible students to participate in the program.
8. Develop and implement activities to promote student persistence and student growth.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with emphasis in education or related field. Two years of experience advising, counseling, teaching or otherwise providing holistic student support in a collegiate environment. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who have participated in a SSS program.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.