Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department: Continuing Education
Job IRC #18093
Under general direction of the Director of Online Education of Professional and Continuing Education, the Instructional Designer is responsible for online course development efforts within the Division of Professional and Continuing Education. Works in concert with faculty and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create high quality, instructor-led, academically rigorous, and engaging online courses. Is an experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the instructional design and online learning; performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; broad job knowledge; works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced online learning professional to resolve a wide range of educational program issues and needs assessments. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for delivering courses, presentations and developing programs. Receives general instructions and guidance in an open and collegial manner and exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for course, program and instructional improvement. Fully knowledgeable in online learning pedagogy, strategies, technologies, and program development. Collaborates with USD Information Technology Services staff for learning management system access, network access, and technology use policy. This position reports to the Director of Online Education, Professional and Continuing Education.
Examples of Work:
• Plans and designs new programs and curriculum with faculty and SMEs, and adjusts courses and curriculum in a continuing education environment.
• Production Coordination and Tracking
• As an editor, ensures clarity, organization, accuracy, style, and quality of written work.
• Under limited supervision, researches, writes and/or edits material for a variety of publications for internal and external audiences, consulting with clients as necessary.
• Evaluates and adjusts course curriculum through student/participant evaluations and level of interest shown.
• Participates in long-range strategic planning for public educational programs.
• May provide training or mentoring to online instructors.
• Requires Master’s Degree in online teaching and learning, instructional design or related area.
• Five years of demonstrated work experience in an education, or related institution/environment.
• Budgetary and financial experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Understanding of the administrative functions, academic programs and requirements of a university.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technology skills and ability – LMS management, online presentation development, graphical layout, digital audio and video, HTML coding and editing.
• Strong organizational skills and ability.
• Ability to negotiate.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego will be a smoking and tobacco-free campus effective August 18, 2015. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://apptrkr.com/752977 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.