Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department: Continuing Education
The Program Assistant provides support to all individuals seeking information, enrollment and assistance with any course, program and degree offered through Professional and Continuing Education. This position requires excellent communication skills for a fast-paced office environment that supports the enrollment and learning needs of students and prospective students. Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks, requests, and web-based information tools in a calm and effective manner. This position requires a detail-oriented, independent worker who has the ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment. The Program Assistant will answer a busy, multi-line telephone; take registrations for courses and other related items over the phone, the Internet and in person. Other related duties may include: process registrations, organize both incoming and outgoing mail, process student transcript requests, order office supplies, and stock all office machines (fax, copier and printers). Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills. The Program Assistant must have excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills. Proven ability using computers for business applications, including word-processing, spreadsheets, data management and administrative systems software. Customer/student support experience preferred. Supervision receiver: general supervision from Marketing Director, Division of Professional and Continuing Education.
Example of Work and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Process daily enrollments, student course requests and transcript requests:
• Enrolls or assists students to enroll in PCE courses via telephone, and in person on a daily basis.
• Processes student requests for course transfers and drops, which may include refund processing.
• Processes all transcript requests, handles mail requests, responsible for printing and mailing on a daily basis.
• Updates students’ personal information, e.g., name, address, telephone, social security number and email address, to ensure current and accurate student records.
• Adds registrations to the enrollment system.
• Processes general information requests received via email, telephone or in person. Replies to email requests with appropriate information, or redirects as needed.
Customer service, student support, prospective student service, general public communications:
• Answers incoming telephone calls, including local, long-distance and toll-free calls. This requires management of a multiline telephone system.
• Serves as front-line information center to respond to and service calls.
• Records and manages student communications in multiple web-based customer relationship and student information systems.
• Redirects calls to proper individuals if calls cannot be immediately serviced when answered.
• Checks and redirects voicemail. Returns calls for questions that can be addressed and handled by the Student Service Center.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
• Responds to all inquiries (telephone, Internet, email, walk-in) with courtesy, tact and patience.
• Exhaust all avenues to properly respond to student, prospective student other individual requests from general public about all courses, programs and activities of Professional and Continuing Education.
General Duties (as needed):
• Serves as office lead for ordering all supplies with university-approved vendors.
• Responsible for stocking all office machines, including fax, copiers and printers.
• Orders appropriate supplies as needed.
• Responsible for opening, sorting and distributing all incoming office mail.
• Serves as division liaison with campus Mail Center.
• Updates and maintains some division mailing lists.
• Prints mailing address labels for use by instructors to mail brochures and flyers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively respond to PCE calls and emails with information requested.
• Service student requests for enrollments, transfers, and drops.
• Process refunds, transcripts and certificates.
• Manages multiple requests from a variety of communications channels.
• Maintains high levels of efficiency when using data systems and data formats.
• Develop a working knowledge and use of the student enrollment system(s) and the CRM system.
• Stay informed of continuing program and course developments within PCE.
• Collaborate and support other team members in assigned area.
• Requires HS Diploma plus two years related experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred; college education may substitute for experience at the rate of 2 years education = 1 year experience. Minimum of one year in a position that required critical thinking and analytical skills required.
• At least 1 year experience in customer service.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use web-based student information and customer relationship management tools.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and data management.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $15.19 - $17.09; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit http://www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://apptrkr.com/752231 to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.