Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Position provides individual, group, and couples psychotherapy, and crisis intervention to enrolled students. Provides training and supervision to mental health trainees and assists with psychoeducational outreach.
This posting will be used to fill two (2) positions.
Full-time, 12-month position. Duties include short-term individual, couples and group counseling; crisis intervention; initial evaluation; consultation and outreach; psycho-educational workshops; clinical supervision; training and supervision; liaison/consultant relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators; and crisis intervention in the University’s Counseling Center. The Center is IACS-accredited. The successful candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
1).Earned Doctoral Degree in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
2) Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diversity issues.
3) Licensed or license-eligible as a Psychologist in Colorado. If license-eligible, licensure must be completed within one year of hire.
4) Three years previous experience post-doctoral as a mental health practitioner.
5) Previous experience with supervision of mental health trainees.
6) Experience with brief and short-term models of psychotherapy.
1). Experience with substance abuse prevention and intervention.
2) Clinical interest or experience with eating disorders.
3) Experience with psychological assessments.
4) Experience and expertise in working with Latino(a) issues and/or Asian populations.
5) Experience in conducting outreach presentations.
6) Strong oral and written communication skills.
7) Strong commitment to building a team environment.
8) Strong interest in working in a counseling center environment.
9) Strong interest in interacting with the on-campus academic community.
10) Bilingual in English and Spanish with a high level of bilingual speaking ability.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.