Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Works closely with the Dean and CPS Department Chairs, Faculty, and Staff to realize the vision, the mission, and the goals of the College. Helps shape the direction of the College of Professional Studies by assisting the Dean with the administration, operation, promotion and evaluation of programs and budgetary matters of the College. This involves consulting about daily management of eleven academic departments plus ROTC and the One World One Water Center for Urban Education and Stewardship and providing leadership for new initiatives and business ventures. Works closely with department chairs and program directors to assure the effective, efficient and people friendly operation of all units and to maximize integration/coordination and cooperation of the operational function of the academic mission of the University.
45% Assessment/Accreditation/ Strategic Planning
• Oversees and directs all assessment efforts of the College.
• Oversees and directs all accreditation and program review efforts including preparation of documentation and oversight of internal evaluation and external accreditation activities for state, national, and professional accreditation.
• In consultation with the Dean, leads planning process for all academic programs offered by the College, including strategic planning, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
35% CPS Curriculum
• Oversees all curriculum development, review and implementation.
• Assures departments within the College develop 4-year course rotation plans.
• Identifies and resolves curriculum issues within the College.
10% Community Outreach/Service Learning/Grants
• Supports faculty in developing service learning opportunities in the community.
• Participates in and encourages grant development, writing, reporting, and accountability when funded.
10% Other duties
• Assists the Dean in compiling and analyzing data related to the operation of the College and prepares reports, proposals, presentations, information and materials requested by the Dean of the College.
• Represents the College of Professional Studies on various University committees as assigned.
• Represents the Dean of the College at University functions.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those listed above which do not alter the basic level of the position.
1) A masters degree in a field appropriate for a faculty position in a department in the College of Professional Studies at MSU Denver.
2) Experience leading curriculum and assessment efforts.
3) Experience with and dedication to undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning.
4) Experiencing working successfully in a collegial environment with students, faculty, staff, administration and the public.
5) Leadership experience.
1) Leadership experience in higher education administration.
2) Experience in urban higher education demonstrating the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
3) Knowledge of and experience with assessment and accreditation processes.
4) Successful experience in developing undergraduate and/or graduate programs in one or more disciplines housed in the College of Professional Studies.
5) Experience with curriculum from a perspective that includes diverse students and first generation students.
6) Demonstrated strong record of outreach to and retention of students of color and faculty of color.
7) Demonstrated record of community engagement and outreach, partnerships for community based research projects, and service learning courses.
8) Demonstrated knowledge of and dedication to undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning.
9) Knowledge of and experience with current state, national, and professional accreditation and certification policies, procedures and processes.
10) Demonstrated professional development in assessment of learning (publications, training as a reviewer, etc.).
11) Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
12) Experience or knowledge of grant development, writing and reporting.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.