Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/9/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
Using a variety of networking strategies, the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) establishes new and enhances existing recruiting relationships that lead to the employment of students and alumni. The TAS partners with employers whose industry and career opportunities correlate with the education, location, and skill sets possessed by our students and alumni and will recruit participants for events, career services management (CSM) database, and other employer-targeted programs. In addition, the TAS works closely with University faculty and staff to ensure that employment opportunities match desired academic outcomes.
• Initiates contact with recruiters within targeted organizations to promote the quality of University programs and to engage employer interest in recruiting students and alumni.
• Actively markets career services events to employers.
• Collaborates with internal and external departments to identify desired employment opportunities and industry best practices.
• Recruits and supports employer participation in the University job board, career services events, information sessions, and other recruiting efforts.
• Establishes and engages employer relationships through targeted communications, resume referrals, job listing services, and participation in regional and national industry conferences.
• Assists with the collection of statistical data necessary for reporting to various entities within and outside of the University.
• Represents the Department of Career Services at University Industry Advisory Councils.
• Participates in data collection and reporting of student interviews, offers, hires, and employer engagement.
• Supports the mission of the University, the student body, and alumni.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Ability to access American Public University System (APUS) VPN for telecommuting.
• Travel for special events required.
• Ability to work occassional evenings and weekends when required with advanced notice.
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to accept rejection with professionalism and dignity.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to resolve issues in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Effective problem solving and decision making ability.
• Strong Word and Excel skills.
• Strong Internet and social media skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Strong interpersonal skills for professional interaction with all internal and external constituents.
• Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with University and departmental issues.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to motivate and influence others.
• Strong internal and external communication skills including but not limited to all levels of the company, employers, organizations, students, and alumni.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or related field credential preferred.
• Experience in career services for higher education, human resource management recruiting, or corporate relations required.
• Knowledge of the military and government agencies preferred.
• Experience with the NACElink platform and/or Client Management System (CMS).
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.