Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
American River College
Gerontology Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: 0002108
Closing Date: 03-15-2016
Salary: $45,559 to $75,533 per year
Additional Salary Information:Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units and degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and on verified experience. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends.
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, classes in:
● Sociology of Aging
● Psychology of Aging
● Communicating with and Validating Older Adults
● Reminiscence Therapy
● Aging Policy and Practice
● Ethnic Diversity and Aging
Multiple 1/2 unit courses designed for continuing education may also be assigned.
Teaching assignment may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master's degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 18, 2016, in Gerontology ; OR have a bachelor's degree in Gerontology AND a master's degree in one of the Interdisciplinary Studies areas such as Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, or Social Work; OR hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and learning understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.