Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of College Completion and as part of the office of Student Persistence, the Leadership and College Completion Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing leadership programming/development and providing outstanding customer service to all students at MSU Denver with enhanced focus on specific student populations as dictated by MSU Denver’s predictive model. The Coordinator will work with all areas of the University (Faculty, Staff, and Support Services) to coordinate programming and ensure the best possible customer experience for students. With College Completion, the Coordinator will act as a student advocate when appropriate and provide a place for all students to go to seek out information and assistance. With Leadership Programming, the Coordinator will work collaboratively with students, staff, faculty and the community to offer a broad range of services and leadership opportunities for student involvement. Students will receive both support and resources to graduate as engaged, active participants in their local, national and global communities. The Coordinator is critical in the functioning of the office of student persistence which provides communication, programming, and interventions to support student success.
For the College Completion area, the Coordinator will assist with developing new persistence programming and services to help MSU Denver students retain and graduate. The Coordinator will work with existing programs to provide seamless co-management of students’ persistence needs. The Coordinator will work in collaboration with all University partners to ensure the best possible experience for all students. The Coordinator will work with the Associate Director of College Completion to provide professional mentoring and advocacy support to assist students in overcoming barriers or obstacles to persistence and retention. The Coordinator will refer students to other learning support services and instructors when appropriate. The Coordinator will work with faculty as needed to assure appropriate and effective learning support and resources are available for students that have requested assistance.
The Coordinator will assist in the collection of data and the preparation of reports to assess support for students, the effectiveness of the office of student persistence, and the continued objectives of the institution (i.e., under-represented student retention, academic progress, or graduation).
The successful candidate will ensure success and productivity by assessing every student that contacts the office of student persistence needs and making recommendations that are individualized and appropriate for the student’s goals. The Coordinator will convey with complete accuracy the policies and regulations of MSU Denver of each specific degree or certificate program. Also, the Coordinator will assume full responsibility for addressing every student’s questions (which requires significant interaction with MSU Denver department staff, ability to troubleshoot and resolve specific issues, and tracking resolution of all issues)
(40%) College Completion
• Contact on an annual basis all students at MSU Denver who have earned 135 or more credit hours in order to help them assess their progress toward graduation.
• Conduct outreach on an ongoing basis to readmitted students, previously enrolled students and others who may be interested in completing an unfinished degree
• Provide incoming/returning students all necessary information, assistance in locating resources, and support in restarting a college degree.
• Conduct initial intake interviews and offer basic advising for incoming students, including a thorough review of DegreeWorks reports and transcripts, and referrals to appropriate offices on campus for additional resources.
• Discuss options for college completion and provide support as students develop a plan for graduation.
• Gather initial student data through appropriate instruments including surveys, pre- and post-enrollment questionnaires, and interviews. Follow through with mid-point and terminal data collection, including exit interviews.
• Contact and work with faculty, department chairs, Deans, and other administrators as necessary to address proactively student needs in support of college completion.
• Determine best practices for adult student success; provide student support that improves retention.
(55%) Leadership Programming and Scholar Success Program Support
• Enhance Leadership Programming for the Student Persistence area, including the Student Academic Success Center, to help support retention and persistence goals at MSU Denver.
• Recruit and mentor a diverse group of leadership students.
• Create and maintain a database of the leadership students.
• Establish time-lines and objectives for the recruitment, documentation, tracking and follow-up of students.
• Coordinate services with academic department chairs, faculty and deans as appropriate to ensure student success.
• Oversee leadership budget in conjunction with the Associate Director.
• In partnership with the applied learning center, develop community partnerships to foster civic learning opportunities for leaders.
• Conduct program assessment and produce reports regarding the various leadership cohorts.
• Hire, train, and supervise peer mentors.
• Collaborate with the Scholar Success Program Coordinator as needed to support scholars.
(5%)Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in higher education, counseling or related field.
A minimum of one year of full-time experience working in a higher education setting specifically working with the retention of students.
A minimum of one year of experience in Academic Advising
Experience with leadership programming and/or development
A minimum of two years supervising student staff
A minimum of one year of budget management experience
Experience using student information database systems.
Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook).
Demonstrated customer service experience.
Experience managing scholarship recipient selection.
Knowledge of strategic student retention best practices and predictive modeling.
At least three years of full-time experience working in a higher education setting specifically related to the retention of students.
Excellent oral and written communications skills with students, faculty and staff.
Knowledge and practical application of student development theory and concepts for student success.
Enthusiasm for the college experience and an understanding of the transformative role it plays in the lives of students.
Experience managing and directing volunteers
Experience with marketing programs and outreach to students
Proven ability to perform in a student focused and fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with a commitment to service and excellence.
Excellent project management skills, including the ability to set and adhere to strict timelines and propose and implement effective solutions to roadblocks and problems.
Experience working with a customer relationship management system (CRM).
The successful candidate must work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
Experience using various leadership theories and methods for creating and implementing leadership training and programming for students.
Knowledge of civic engagement best practices.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.