Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Desktop Support Liaison serves as the face of MSU Denver Information Technology Services to the campus community, delivering technical support to approximately 32,000 students, faculty and staff members at MSU Denver. Each Liaison is assigned a set of buildings and/or departments to which they serve as an Ambassador, ensuring that technical needs are met and assisting their constituents in proposing and selecting new technology solutions to support the needs of the individual department.
Desktop Support Liaisons maintain advanced troubleshooting knowledge on both Apple and Microsoft operating systems, and work with ITS peers and customers to install, configure and maintain hardware, software and related peripheral technologies. In addition, this position contributes to the organizational knowledge base, develop reports on an as needed basis and advice, counsel and/or supervise student employees.
The candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse urban population.
50% Desktop Support Delivery
As a core member of User Support Services, the Desktop Support Liaison serves the students, faculty and staff of MSU Denver by providing technical support for a range of computer hardware, software, peripherals and accounts leveraged by the MSU Denver community. These duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Use, troubleshoot and support MS Windows desktop OS (Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8) and Microsoft Office Professional 2010/13.
• Use and Support Mac desktop OS (10.7+).
• Work with BMC Footprints Incident Management platform for case handling.
• Troubleshoot mobile operation systems including iOS and Android.
• Accept incoming support requests via telephone, email, web form and walk-up vectors.
• Gather required information to successfully troubleshoot the reported issue(s), and resolve a high percentage of cases independently.
• Escalate complex cases to the appropriate team or individual for further analysis as needed.
• Document all phases of the customer interaction to ensure case details are effectively captured and novel resolutions are recorded as part of the department’s knowledge repository.
• Record and report customer suggestions and feedback to ITS management and staff.
• Promote a professional, service-oriented and collaborative culture.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of Active Directory Services, Open Directory, group policies, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and JAMF Casper Suite.
• Coordinate the imaging, deploying, and data management associated with desktop and laptop computers.
• Work with other ITS professionals to continually improve experiences for students, faculty, and staff.
• Maintain knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and best practices.
• Research new and innovative ways to improve campus technology and service delivery.
25% Personnel and Customer Relationship Management
• Maintain a strong working relationship with assigned departments, ensuring ongoing satisfaction with ITS Service Delivery and addressing concerns as they arise.
o Meet with Chairs, Directors & Admin Assistants 2-3 times per year for discussions for issues or improvements within assigned department.
o Coordinate with faculty and staff across the University to identify and resolve service requests, complete assigned projects and fulfill new or replacement equipment requests.
o Prepare and deliver training sessions and presentations for customers and colleagues regarding current and emerging technologies, upcoming ITS initiatives or technologies and process changes.
o Serve as the voice of the customer, advocating on the customer’s behalf as needed to ensure satisfactory resolution of complex issues.
• Provide direct supervision to student employees on an as needed basis. This may include task assignment, performance management and mentoring/coaching.
10% Technical Support Escalation
• Serve as a Tier 2 escalation point for Windows and Mac desktop issues, assisting Student & Helpdesk technicians with a range of complex technical issues.
• Perform root cause analysis on reported problems and provide elegant, strategic solutions.
10% Project Management
• Perform structured requirements gathering and analysis to provide design and architectural recommendations
• Develop project plans for implementation of recommended solutions.
• Independently execute project plans for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Prioritize work efforts, multi-task in a fast paced environment and provide timely and clear updates.
• Update all assigned tickets while capturing troubleshooting activities and resolution.
• Prepare and deliver regular project status updates for an executive-level audience.
5 % Other Tasks as Assigned
Include, but not limited to:
• Occasional after-hours or on-call work may be required. While infrequent, this position may be periodically asked to travel for conferences or training opportunities.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (two years of experience equals one year of education).
• Two or more years work experience in an information technology environment. Part-time experience will be prorated.
• Experience providing customer service in an information technology environment.
• Experience using, troubleshooting and supporting MS Windows desktop OS (windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8) and Microsoft Office Professional 2010/13.
• Experience using and supporting Mac desktop OS (10.7+).
• Experience using and troubleshooting standard desktop computing hardware, to include desktop and laptop computers, flat panel monitors, keyboards, mice and printers.
• Experience using the BMC Footprints Incident Management platform for case handling.
• Familiarity with or experience troubleshooting mobile operating systems including iOS and Android.
• Experience working in an information technology environment in a higher education setting.
• Experience using Microsoft SCCM or JAMF Casper systems management tools.
• Effective organizational skills that include the ability to manage workload, multi-task, and work under pressure with project deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Strong interpersonal, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well with students, faculty, staff across the University as well as vendors and other constituents as appropriate.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts, if applicable, will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.