Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/30/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The postdoctoral research associate will supervise all research from recruiting and screening subjects, to running experiments and analyzing data. The chosen applicant will work with broad discretion in the operation of the laboratory, serving as the technical and content expert within their scope of knowledge and expertise. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for generating data and reports as assigned by the supervisor. This will involve being responsible for handling any issues associated with subject recruitment and study coordination, data collection and monitoring, and manuscript composition.
Additional duties include:
• Train graduate students in the use of research equipment and coordinate undergraduate research assistants
• Maintain compliance with the Ohio University Institutional Review Board
• Participate in laboratory meetings
• Collaborate in the writing of external grant proposals and manuscripts for publication
• Secure additional data from various collaborators at Ohio University and other institutions
• Train and assign work to students or regular employees
Doctoral degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, Kinesiology, or related field by the time of the appointment (August 2013).
In addition, applicants must meet 3 out of the 6 minimum requirements:
1) have formal training or experience in electroencephalographic data collection;
2) have technical expertise in methodologies used in the collection and analysis of kinetic and kinematic data;
3) has experience in conducting research studies with human subjects;
4) MATLAB programming skills;
5) nonlinear time-series analysis; and
6) a demonstrated record of scholarly activity.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Documents include: Cover letter, CV and a statement of research interest.
Applicants will be required to key-in contact information for three reference letter providers who may receive an auto-generated email invitation to upload a recommendation utilizing a provided unique link.
Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials plus excellent benefits package including educational benefits for employee and eligible dependents.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; for full consideration, please apply by April 30, 2013.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.