Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for supporting and promoting faculty, staff and students effective use of the Universities Learning Management System (LMS) and other instructional technology systems and services. This position will provide a formal point of contact (Tier-2 support) for faculty, staff and students by providing direct assistance via phone, walk-ins, dedicated support lab hours, and responding to support tickets. Additionally, this position will be responsible for conducting various training sessions for the LMS and other instructional technology solutions in place.
60 % Instructional Technology Service Support
• Provide Tier-2 level customer service at the Technology Commons Service Desk specifically for the university LMS and other instructional technologies to support teaching and learning.
• Provide assistance at our Faculty support lab during walk-in support hours in for the University’s LMS (Blackboard Learn) and other instructional technologies to support teaching and learning.
• Coach faculty in the effective use of the university LMS system and other instructional technologies to promote teaching and learning.
• Troubleshoot issues reported by faculty, staff, and students with the university LMS and other instructional technology. Duties in this area include:
o Reviews existing available documentation for resolution. When a resolution is not available, this position will work with Tier-3/4 educational technology staff for a resolution.
o Responsible for documenting the statement of the problem via written, screenshots and possibly video recordings and submitting the issue to our vendor for resolution.
o Follow-up with customer with information provided by the vendor and updating any existing internal or external documentation as needed.
20 % Instructional Technology Service Training and Support
• Provide basic and tool based training sessions for faculty/staff and students for the university LMS and other instructional technology services employed at MSU Denver. Trainings are delivered in person or online, synchronously or asynchronously, and on an individual or group basis.
• Create and modify new and existing training materials within established institutional guidelines and procedures. (e.g., department and university procedures and ADA compliance)
• Create both internal and external documentation, job aides, reference guides, user guides in support of the University’s LMS and other instructional technologies. This will also include updating various departmental and service based end-user support websites within established institutional guidelines and procedures.
10% Professional Development and Research
•Keep apprised of instructional technology standards and approaches at MSU Denver and regional, national and international best practices.
• Keep apprised of FERPA, ADA/Section 508 and other related laws as it relates to accessible course content and website development.
• Keep apprised of instructional technology best practices, learning methodologies, and course quality standards (such as Quality Matters).
10% Other Duties
• Help support various initiatives, projects, committees, and organizations in support of instructional technology or other MSU Denver ITS initiatives as needed.
• Help test various instructional technologies employed at MSU Denver as needed.
• Additional duties may include participating in meetings, performing research, providing opinions, concerns and suggestions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in educational technology, instructional design, teaching, information technology, technical communications, instructional technology or a similar field (two years of experience may be substituted for each year of education).
• Minimum of one year of professional experience providing customer support to end users
• Minimum of one year of professional experience providing training to end-users, including training of small or large groups.
• Minimum of one year of experience supporting instructional technologies or providing LMS support directly to faculty and/or students.
• Master’s Degree in educational technology, instructional design, teaching, information technology, technical communications, instructional technology or a similar field.
• Professional experience using and supporting Blackboard Learn 9.1.
• Strong communication skills including technical writing, visual, and verbal.
• Experience with updating websites using HTML, CSS or other technologies.
• Experience with a diverse range of multimedia and electronic authoring tools to create training documentation or course materials.
• Experience with graphic design and creation software.
• Experience with video creation (for example video tutorial creation) software.
• Ability to work well in teams, as well as work independently.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while under aggressive timelines.
• Working knowledge of, and experience with course design. (e.g., assisting faculty in customization of template content, delivery of course materials, assignments, tests, discussions, etc.)
• Work experience in a higher education environment.
• Familiarity with learning theories and instructional design techniques.
• Familiarity with the Quality Matters continuous improvement framework.
• Familiarity with educational policies and laws. (e.g., FERPA, Universal Design for Learning, ADA Section 508)
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant youmust apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information,
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.