Detailed Job Description
The College of Western Idaho’s Department of Life Sciences invites a dynamic and forward-thinking full-time Instructor to join its faculty. The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing quality instruction and other high impact academic services to the community and to our students. Specific qualifications and duties are outlined below, but in short, the Department of Life Sciences seeks applicants ready to enrich the lives of a diverse student body by cultivating their academic potential and engaging their commitment to civic responsibility in a dynamic and challenging world. The successful candidate will be able to teach the range of courses offered in Agriculture Science as well as actively participate in such engaged student activities as student clubs and internships.
The successful candidate will teach freshman- and sophomore-level courses in Agriculture Science. During the next three years, faculty will be redesigning its curricula to meet and anticipate the agriculture needs of 21st century citizens.
College of Western Idaho faculty teach assigned classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines, advise, serve on various committees, and perform other academic and institutional responsibilities as assigned. To reach a broad range of students, faculty members are skillful in a variety of instructional delivery methods, and sometimes teach in the evenings and at various campus locations.
With campuses located throughout Boise’s vibrant and growing metropolitan area, the College of Western Idaho is the state’s newest community college. In addition to offering a full range of academic courses leading to transfer-ready Associate of Arts or Science degrees, CWI also serves as Southwest Idaho’s provider of Professional Technical Education, Adult Basic Education, Dual Credit courses, and Workforce/ Employment Skills Training. The College of Western Idaho serves close to 10,000 students and employs 350 faculty.
This is a full-time faculty position with a salary of $40,000.
- Teach approximately 15 credits per semester
- Utilize department course outcome assessment measures
- Participate in professional development that contributes to the individual, students, faculty, and the CWI community
- Advise students about academic and career opportunities
- Complete the CWI Online Instruction Course to improve faculty capacity to facilitate student online instruction
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
- Promote and help with learning assistance services
· Participate in program and curriculum review and development
- Attend and participate in all departmental, school, and college meetings
- Be regularly and reliably available to students outside the classroom
- Follow all standardized lab procedures, safety protocols, and department procedures and ensure students do the same
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in an Agriculture Science from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience teaching at post-secondary level in Agriculture Science
- Ability to engage a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, and distance learning technologies
- Three years full-time experience teaching Agriculture Science at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated service to an institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated leadership in higher education
- Experience mentoring faculty
- Experience using instructional technology to deliver courses online
Salary: Starting at $40,000.00
To Apply, Please go to: jobs.cwidaho.cc
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED