Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/22/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2386 - AFSCME - FT
Position assists in the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, (HVAC) and refrigeration components, equipment, and systems for a university campus consisting of approximately 200 buildings. Position’s primary purpose is to assist in ensuring that all HVAC and refrigeration systems and auxiliary equipment are in good working order and that any repairs are completed promptly and properly.
1. Customer Service Function – Provides assistance to internal and external customers promptly and courteously; maintains frequent communication with the customer concerning status of work requests; performs quality work consistent with manufacturer’s requirements and complies with all applicable codes; maintains a professional appearance and attitude
2. Maintenance & Repair Function – Assists with the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment to include air handlers, chillers, cooling towers, direct-expansion refrigeration systems, window units, pumps, fans, air compressors, air dryers, pneumatic and electronic controls, and other relevant equipment; assists in determining the root cause of failures
3. Preventive Maintenance Function – Cleans or replaces air filters, belts, bearings, seals, performs lubrication on mechanical and electrical equipment; cleans coils of all types; assists in checking alignment of rotating equipment
4. Water Treatment Function – Assists with the operation, maintenance and repair of water treatment systems to include cooling towers and closed loop heating and cooling systems
5. Contractor Coordination & Oversight – Assists in coordinating the activity of service contractors and new installation contractors to ensure compliance with all plans, specifications, and applicable codes and standards
6. Tool Proficiency – Utilizes HVAC and refrigeration equipment to include vacuum pumps, gage sets, rigging equipment, torches, electrical testing devices, mechanical hand tools and other relevant equipment; utilizes the building automation system (BAS) as a tool to diagnose and repair HVAC and applicable refrigeration systems; maintains tools in a clean and serviceable condition; reports broken or damaged items for repair or replacement
7. Additional Functions – Assists in the performance of other building trades tasks in maintaining industrial equipment and in response to emergency situations as assigned
8. Physical Abilities – Work may include; walking, lifting (up to 75 pounds), bending, stooping, carrying, climbing (to include extension ladders); work environment may be very hot or cold.
Performs moderately difficult repair and preventive maintenance on University property and facilities using expertise acquired through specialized training. Assists outside contractors as needed; assists craftspersons from other trades as needed.
• High school diploma or GED required
• One year of verifiable experience in HVAC-R and six months of training beyond high school in HVAC-R or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Communication and customer service skills
• Work may include walking, lifting, (up to 75 pounds) bending, stooping, carrying, and climbing (to include extension ladders)
• Universal refrigerant handling certification
• Maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must have a 410A refrigerant handling certification or obtain one within six months of beginning the position
• Requires one year of verifiable experience in HVAC-R
•HVAC-R certification through an accredited technical school
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.