Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Early Childhood Literacy Teacher works closely with the Early Literacy Coordinator and the school-based Family Literacy sites to plan and implement activities for children while their parents are learning English in an adult education program.
-This is part time position interfacing with 1-4 year old children in morning classes.
- Plan the weekly lesson plan for children 1-4 years of age, including activities in the developmental areas of: Language, Manipulative, Math, Music, Science, Sensory, Art, Drama, Social Emotional, Gross Motor, and Circle Time. Planning will be under direct supervision of the Early Literacy Coordinator/Director of Early family Literacy Program.
- Set up the activities in the classroom and implement/facilitate learning in each of the developmental areas for each child in classroom.
- Assess child development while children are playing to enter into the Teaching Strategies GOLD child assessment online system. This needs to be done each day by taking notes, photos, and videos during and after class. The teacher will receive training prior to using the assessment system.
-Follows the Rules and Regulations For Child Care Facilities issued by CO Dept. of Human Services for licensed rooms, for the safety of all children in the classroom.
-Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, and English-language learners.
- CO Early Childhood Teacher qualifications including:
- 12 semester hours in college-level credits in Early Childhood Education including three hours in Introduction to Early Childhood Education or Guidance Strategies; and 1.295 hours of verified experience in the care and supervision of four or more children under six years of age who are not related to the individual OR
- A 2-year college degree with sixty semester hours, in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited college or university, which must include at least two three-semester hour courses, one of which must be either Introduction to Early Childhood Education or Guidance Strategies; and 910 hours of verified experience in the care and supervision of four or more children under six years of age who are not related to the individual.
- Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD Child Assessment Online System, used to assess the children in our classroom.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English to better communicate to our many Spanish speaking parents and children.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.coms.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.