Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The director of Graduate Studies at MSU Denver reports to the Provost and has broad responsibilities across three major areas:
(a) providing administrative leadership,
(b) overseeing the implementation of the mission of the graduate programs, and
© implementing and facilitating appropriate policies, procedures and structures that enhance this mission.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following (not in any order of priority):
• In collaboration with the faculty and deans working with graduate programs,
• Providing intellectual leadership and a strong commitment to graduate education.
• Spearheading educational advances in the graduate programs.
• Providing general oversight and supervision of all aspects of the graduate programs.
• Applying the Graduate Council Constitution and Bylaws.
• Working in consultation with the Provost and in collaboration with deans to ensure a University-wide perspective on broad institutional matters pertaining to graduate education.
• Ensuring that all accreditation requirements of the graduate programs are met in a timely manner.
• Providing leadership in strategic planning activities.
• Developing a vibrant graduate culture, including leadership in research-related activities.
• Staying informed of graduate student needs and supporting graduate student interests and activities.
• Collaborating with the MSU Denver Foundation office to help promote graduate programs in the community and to help raise funds for these programs.
• Collaborating with other academic and administrative units to ensure the proper functioning of the graduate programs.
• Providing leadership in advancing diversity and inclusion goals.
• Promoting cooperation in interdisciplinary initiatives among graduate programs.
• Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Provost.
• Helping faculty and deans develop and implement new graduate programs.
• Collaborating with appropriate University stakeholders to allocate and share graduate revenues as appropriate.
The position requires commitment to the mission and goals of MSU Denver graduate programs as well as the experience and skills necessary to accomplish those goals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The candidate must have:
•A terminal degree in their academic field.
•Earned tenure at a regionally-accredited comprehensive institution of higher education,
•Held, or hold, the rank of associate professor or higher,
•At least five years teaching experience in higher education,
•At least three years of graduate level education teaching experience, and
•At least three years of administrative experience as either department chair, or program director or a higher-level administrative position.
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
•Experience conducting research or equivalent activities.
•Teaching graduate level courses relevant to MSU Denver course offerings.
•A strong commitment to and accomplishment in developing, enhancing and sustaining a diverse student body, and to fully integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into the Graduate programs.
•Experience providing leadership and conducting strategic planning to develop and implement goals and program initiatives for a department.
•Experience or ability to understand accreditation requirements to maintain and/or establish accreditation of graduate degree programs.
•Experience providing management and administration over a program or department.
•Ability to establish donor support and secure alternative funding sources.
•Experience providing budget management that includes purchasing and record keeping in compliance with institution, state and federal purchasing policies and procedures.
•Experience conducting program evaluation and data analysis to determine data driven decisions and make improvements as appropriate.
•Success in establishing mutually beneficial relationships with external constituents such as, but not limited to, alumni, funding agencies and government bodies.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•The ability to build and work with teams across the organization, including working with faculty groups, senior campus leadership and executive-level leadership personnel.
•Creative skills to meet the challenges of graduate education in an increasingly competitive and technologically diverse environment.
•The ability to motivate and manage change, energize and lead a committed faculty and staff.
•Strong decision-making skills and the highest standards of judgment, as appropriate for professional and academic leadership.
•Experience with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population, including underrepresented populations, LBGTQIA students, financially challenged students, first generation students, veterans, and English language learners.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: References refers to a list of names and contact information of three professional references.
If you cannot attach all documents at the time of application, please send documents to:
Kim Bubon at Kbubon1@msudenver.edu
All required documents must be received before midnight on the date of closing, January 4, 2016 for your application to be considered complete.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.