Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/27/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Application may be obtained from:
HUMAN RESOURCES, ATTN: SHAIRON ZINGSHEIM
43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539
Office: (510) 659-6201 Fax:(510) 659-6025
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web:http://www.ohlone.edu
VICE PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Full-Time, 12-Month, Academic Management Position
* A standard medical and fringe benefit package is available and premiums are deducted from salary
Application Deadline: April 12, 2013
Ohlone Community College District is looking for a dynamic and accomplished leader to be our next Vice President, Academic Affairs. Under the direction of the President/Superintendent, the Vice President, Academic Affairs serves as the chief academic officer of the college and is responsible for educational policy and academic programs. This includes program review and improvement, accreditation and self-evaluation, assessment of student learning and advancement of student success, academic personnel decisions, budget development, enrollment management, fiscal accountability, program and curriculum development, and the encouragement and improvement of teaching and learning.
This is an exciting time for Ohlone and you will want to be part of our innovative and continuously improving environment. Visit our website at: http://www.ohlone.edu/ to learn more about our vision, mission, educational master plan, strategic plan and other key documents. In particular you will want to read the recent updates of our initiatives by visiting the President/Superintendent’s webpage at: http://www.ohlone.edu/org/president/
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced leader with a clear, focused commitment to teaching, learning and academic excellence to promote student success. This candidate is a creative, visionary leader who will inspire staff, students and the community. The candidate is an innovative thinker who seeks innovative solutions to problem solving and is a critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. The candidate is highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and is respectful of diverse views and opinions. The candidate is flexible and inter-culturally competent and is a person whose leadership style is collegial, approachable, and accessible on campus and in the community. The candidate is able to delegate responsibility and authority while maintaining accountability. This seasoned professional fosters cohesion and a sense of working together for the good of the College and is committed to the effective use of technology within academic and administrative environments.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs has primary leadership responsibilities for planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the College. In assuming these responsibilities, the Vice President must work closely with Academic Deans, other administrators, and members of the faculty. While the managerial functions related to curriculum and instruction rest with the Deans, the Vice President serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction, selection and development of a distinguished faculty, and furthering the strategic plan, the educational master plan, and the goals and objectives of Ohlone College.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will serve as advisor to the President/Superintendent in matters related to curriculum and instruction, faculty selection, assignment, development, and retention.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be the primary link between the academic staff and the Vice President, Administrative Services in all budgetary matters related to instructional programs. The Vice President will work with the Vice President Student Services in all matters related to the coordination of the instructional program and student services.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be accountable for achievement of College goals and objectives within the scope of Academic Affairs as set forth in the College’s Strategic Plan, and for assessing and meeting the educational and vocational needs of citizens of the District.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be responsible for relationships with the wider educational and occupational community, particularly the public schools of the District, the higher education institutions to which Ohlone students transfer, and to the employers within the District. Working with the Academic Deans in planning, conducting, and evaluating the instructional program, the essential qualification of the Vice President is leadership.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will possess
• a Master’s degree from an accredited institution;
• five years of senior administrative level leadership and experience in higher education;
• demonstrated skill in respectful, sensitive communication with people who are diverse in their cultures, languages and abilities;
• demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of members of the College community, including those with disabilities.
The desired qualifications for this position are
• an earned doctorate from an accredited institution;
• three years teaching experience in higher education with a demonstrated student-centered philosophy of education;
• an understanding of the California Community College mission, its educational and financial issues, the laws and regulations of California, and the changing role of community colleges;
• proven experience in and commitment to participatory governance with meaningful involvement of all constituent groups;
• demonstrated experience with strategic planning, strong fiscal management linking resource allocation to planning and priorities (including data-driven decision-making) and leading the ongoing efforts of the college to meet accreditation standards;
The individual hired for this position must possess a valid California driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following physical, mental and other abilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this classification: complex data comparison, analysis, and synthesis; attention to detail; public speaking to small and large groups; persuasive communication; negotiation; multi-tasking; flexibility; adaptability; tact and sensitivity.
Application packets must be submitted to the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2013. The Screening Committee will review applications. From that pool, the committee will select a limited number of candidates to invite for interview.
Initial and final interviews will be scheduled the week of April 29, 2013. These dates are subject to change.
All materials submitted with your application will be considered for this opening only, becomes District property, and will not be returned—applicants will not be considered without all of the required items.
Please contact Shairon Zingsheim with questions. The College reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this recruitment at any time.
Travel arrangements for candidates selected for the final interviews will be paid for by the District.
If you are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call Human Resources.
Submit your completed application packet to the Human Resources Office. The Human Resources Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please Note: Application packets may be FAXED to (510) 659-6025 or emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Training
43600 Mission Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94539-5847
Phone: (510) 659-6201
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
You MUST submit ALL of the items listed below by the application deadline in order to be considered for this position. Late or incomplete application packets will not be considered. The College reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this recruitment at any time.
1. Completed Ohlone College application form. NOTE: An Ohlone Academic Application must be submitted and may be obtained from our website at http://apptrkr.com/323693 .
2. Current resume or curriculum vita.
3. A detailed statement that will assist us in learning more about your commitment to diversity. Include responses to the following:
• What is your vision of a campus, such as Ohlone that fully embraces diversity?
• How diversity has played a role in your career and contributed to the person you are today?
• Describe your involvement in writing or shaping a college plan (program review, matriculation, equity, educational master plan, professional development, accreditation, etc.) where you were the champion for diversity and equity within the plan or its outcomes
• As a higher education professional, what work have you done in promoting diversity in the community?
1. Letter of Interest. Include why you believe you are qualified for this position and how you have prepared yourself for this next level in your career.
2. College transcripts: official or unofficial accepted. Diplomas will not take the place of the transcript requirement. Originals will be required at the time of hire. Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
3. List of current professional growth activities (classes/workshops/seminars/leadership on committees, etc.) on a separate sheet.
4. List of at least five Professional References. Include a cross section of references; e.g.: Supervisor, Peer, Subordinate, Personal and Professional (if applicable). Include name, position, organization, number of years known, phone number, email and their relationship to you.
Ohlone offers a competitive benefits package. Employee pays for health benefits from salary. Below is a list of some of our offerings:
Membership in STRS or PERS (Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013 are subject to restrictions imposed by PEPRA)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-term Disability
IRC Section 125 Flexible Medical Spending Plan
403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity Plan
457 (b) Deferred Compensation
Paid vacation at the rate of 22 days per year
Paid sick leave at the rate of one day per month, accumulating indefinitely, if unused
Fifteen paid holidays each year
Summer 4/10 schedule (Fridays off)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.