Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President of Student Affairs, Diversity & Inclusion and Chief Equity Officer, the Deputy for Equity System Administration will support the College's commitment to an open, diverse, and inclusive learning, living, and working environment by providing case intake, conducting investigations, facilitating interim measures, implementing educational programs, and assisting in the development and update of College policies and procedures related to federal and state civil rights laws such as Title IX and the Campus SaVE Act.
Job Characteristic Duties:
- Assist and support Chief Equity Officer in administration of the overall equity system.
- Provide assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors regarding Berklee College of Music’s Equity Policy and Process, including case intake, answering questions on the rights of parties involved in a report or complaint, resource referrals, and procedural questions.
- Serve as a member of the Equity Leadership Team.
- Oversee and facilitate implementation of on-going assessment of interim measures taken to ensure equal access to Berklee programs and activities for all parties involved in an Equity Report or complaint.
- Conduct or supervise prompt, thorough, and impartial investigations of Equity issues on an as needed basis.
- In consultation with the Vice President of Student Affairs, Diversity, & Inclusion and Chief Equity Officer, legal counsel, and others as appropriate, assess reports, conduct interviews, gather evidence, compile reports, analyze findings, summarize investigation, and make recommendations and findings as appropriate.
- Conduct research, analyze and interpret internal and external data, prepare reports, complete assessments of campus programs and services, serve on committees and working groups.
- Support implementation of on-going educational campaign, including developing training materials, facilitating trainings, coordinating with departments across campus community and with local and state agencies.
- Assist the Vice President of Student Affairs, Diversity, & Inclusion and Chief Equity Officer in the development, implementation and assessment of a Campus Climate Survey.
- Serve as proxy for Title IX Coordinator when appropriate.
**This position is a time limited position: 12 month, 20-hours a week
- Ability to gather and analyze data and make sound assessments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
- Master's degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, Law, or a related field
- Experience should include conducting investigations alleging harassment and discrimination.
- Experience with investigations and in complaint and grievance resolution is required.
- Must have knowledge of relevant laws and regulations pertaining to Title IX/VAWA and other civil rights legislation.
- Knowledge of matters involving sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, sexual violence, and relationship violence, and familiarity with research and best practices, particularly with respect to college-age cohort and campus environment.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.