Detailed Job Description
Implements, administers, and maintains large complex enterprise level applications to support core organizational functions. This person has the highest level of authority in supporting enterprise applications. Administers and maintains enterprise level network applications and services. Installs, maintains, trains, and provides user support as required of installed applications. Evaluates and recommends new enterprise software products. Ensures optimal performance and high availability of enterprise applications. Provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field and five years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position is preferred; or an associates degree and seven years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position; or any combination of higher education and/or experience related to the essential functions/duties totaling nine years is acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
2- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical documentation and procedures pertaining to systems and application management, including presentation of ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
3- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans; strategic planning skills.
4- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives, and to be self-motivated with a strong customer service orientation and a keen attention to detail.
5- Knowledge and experience with server operating systems (including Windows and Linux), TCP/IP, application protocols, anti-virus software, relational databases, and enterprise directory services.
6- Knowledge and experience with script languages such as PowerShell and other scripting tools.
7- Advanced knowledge and experience with design, installation, and maintenance of the latest versions of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com.