Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/5/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Marketing Project Manager creates, executes, supports, and evaluates marketing project requests to support University growth initiatives. The incumbent documents stakeholder needs, evaluates ways to meet these needs, and develops project plans and a resource plan that meet requested deadlines and deliverables.This role provides periodic communication updates and identifies and communicates potential obstacles to successful project completion.The marketing project manager tracks and reports metrics related to key projects and initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent proactively seeks opportunities to introduce new initiatives, components of initiatives, and improvements for processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing-related projects and objectives.
• Develops, executes, and measures marketing projects to ensure optimal effectiveness and deadlines and budgets are met.
• Utilize project management tools such as marketing creative briefs, project deliverable/milestone charts, RACI charts and communication plans.
• Builds awareness across departments and with key stakeholders to achieve greater visibility and collaboration with marketing projects.
• Compiles and communicates project information internally to keep stakeholders informed of progress of deliverables and any risks or issues that develop.
• Manages deliverables and initiatives with external partners (such as print vendors) and internal partners (other departments) to maximize project efficiency and effectiveness.Documents and monitors vendor expenses associated with project execution.
• Acts as a contributor to president’s quarterly report and weekly Marketing Insider as appropriate.
• Tracks budget and monitors balances against spending.
• Collects and analyzes market data, monitors competitors in the market to further differentiate the University across channels and evaluates return on investment (ROI) for existing and potential products and programs.
• Identifies ways to continuously improve processes and communication.
• Supports marketing growth and retention initiatives for the University system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA. Limited travel around immediate area.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Internet research skills.
• Strong knowledge of creating and editing spreadsheets with formulas and manipulating data within reports to extract pertinent information.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects to specific budgets and timelines.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as within teams.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong copywriting/editing ability and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage contacts and relationships, internally at all levels of the company and externally with students, alumni, vendors, consultants, and other marketing professionals.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with marketing, management, or similar concentration.
• Two to five (2-5) years of work experience in marketing required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.