Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/26/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Dean of Nursing & Allied Health
Posting Date: 01-16-2013
Closing Date: 03-17-2013
Work Location Evergreen Valley College
Division: Nursing and Allied Health
Academic Position Term: Regular 100% FTE 12-Months per year
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible.
Salary Range: $105,983 - $122,688 Annual Salary (Range 30: Management Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2012-2013).
Benefits Available: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Income Protection and Retirement. Management positions include 20 vacation days, 17 holidays and 6 Administrative Leave days per year.
Position Summary: The Dean of Nursing and Allied Health is responsible for the registered Nursing program, nursing assistant training program, family consumer studies and health courses. This position is responsible for compliance within the guidelines and criteria established by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and the National League for Nursing (NLN); secure facilities appropriate for clinical laboratories; conduct classroom lectures and discussions; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel. The dean position requires strong communication, leadership and administrative skills as well as knowledge and expertise in the areas of Nursing and Allied Health.
POSITION PURPOSE: Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health provides for the educational welfare of students and the professional needs of staff in the division. Working cooperatively with the staff, and operating within established duties and responsibilities, the Dean has the responsibility and authority to make decisions on matters related to the division: plan, organize, administer, develop, and evaluate the programs, projects, and activities of assigned instructional divisions; provide leadership for faculty and staff in offering quality educational services for college students; and supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
1. Master's degree in nursing or related field.
2. One year of experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care, one year in an administrative position, and two years experience teaching in a pre- or post-licensure nursing program.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.: Registered Nurses license in the State of California.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Information: (This job posting is found at the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/322564 or https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. To apply, you MUST FIRST click the link "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING" on the job posting) Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position:
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District ADMINISTRATIVE/MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees/coursework and must have the degree confer/award dates (circled). Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
5. Copy of Registered Nurse license in the State of California.
ABOUT TRANSCRIPTS: If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Kinkos, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
1. Only complete application materials will be considered (No exception for any or internal applicants). Application materials must include: a. ADMINISTRATIVE / MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION, b. COVER LETTER, c. RESUME, d. TRANSCRIPT(S) of degrees having confer/award date on the transcript, and e. Copy of Registered Nurse license in the State of California. (The criminal history explanation, if any, must be provided and will NOT be forwarded to the screening committee)
2. Incomplete application packet and/or documents received by Human Resources after the closing date will not be considered (No exception for employees or non-employees).
3. Applications not having all required minimum qualifications in education and experience as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section will not receive further considerations.
4. Letters of Recommendation are not required and will not be included in the application packet. Additional documents that are not requested may not be included.
5. DEGREES/COURSEWORKS must have been awarded by a college or university ACCREDITED by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
6. FOREIGN DEGREES/COURSEWORKS: Candidates with DEGREES and CREDITS earned outside of the United States MUST provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with the application. Simple translation of the language on foreign transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
7. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
8. Application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated for applicants.
9. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
10. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure an interview.
11. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
For assistance, contact: HR Employment Services 4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135 Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 223-6341 Email: Hremploymentservices@sjeccd.edu
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Contacts: - ADA/504 Section Officer: Vice President of Administrative Services or designee, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135, (408) 274-7900. - Title IX Officer: Vice President of Student Services Irma Archuleta, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135, (408) 274-7900 X.6749. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.