Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Admissions Representative is the “front line” resource of the University for assistance to new and prospective students interested in attending American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU). The incumbent has a broad knowledge of the University and its policies (including federal privacy laws for students), degree programs, courses and admissions requirements. The admissions representative is familiar with information related to federal educational funding options, as well as United States military educational funding sources. This role reviews admission documents for admission to an AMU or APU program. The incumbent refers students to appropriate departments for any needed, in-depth assistance. In addition, the admissions representative assists assigned prospects to the point of application, or assigned students from registration through their first session of classes with whatever issues may arise. The admissions representative develops ongoing marketing and communication strategies and utilizes marketing materials/opportunities provided by American Public University System (APUS) to serve assigned prospects or applicants.
The admissions representative understands the best practices in the higher education industry, Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and demonstrates an understanding of the needs of adult learners/non-traditional students. The incumbent refers students to appropriate internal and external departments for any needed in-depth assistance; acts as liaison between students, faculty, and administrators; presents virtual open houses; and participates in University activities aimed at improving the climate for students.
Depending on the needs of the department, the admissions representative may be assigned to:
• Prospect Management
• Undergraduate Admissions
• Graduate Admissions
• Readmission and Retention
**This position requires engagement in student recruitment, admissions and/or financial aid activities, and therefore, is ineligible to receive certain types of incentive compensation.**
• Provides immediate, ongoing and efficient information to prospects and students in a timely manner, either via telephone or e-mail.
• Protects the privacy of student accounts through compliance with federal student privacy law (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act).
• Evaluates the academic records of prospective and new students for admission to APUS programs.
• Develops efficient marketing strategies and communications.
• Demonstrates skill in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other software applications used in enrollment management.
• Resolves routine and escalated customer concerns in a professional, efficient manner.
• Maintains a productive working relationship with other University departments, such as financial aid, fulfillment, veteran and GI Bill assistance, student services and marketing.
• Meets or exceed performance goals and metrics as determined by department leadership.
• Keeps work area organized and in a professional appearance at all times.
• Adheres to assigned work schedule.
• Assists other enrollment management team members with special projects as assigned.
• Builds relationships with prospective and/or current students by representing the University through email, chat, phone, representative landing pages, live open houses, training videos, recruitment/welcome videos and/or social media.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, West Virginia.
• This position could be asked to work a variety of shifts: 8 am to 4 pm, 9 am to 5 pm, or 11 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday, or 9 am to 7 pm Monday through Thursday.
• Work schedule may include night and weekend hours and/or occasional travel. Ability to work evenings and Saturdays required.
• May require telecommuting. High speed Internet and dedicated work space at home is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a high energy team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under time sensitive deadlines.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
• Ability to give well-organized, informative and engaging presentations.
• Ability to be a team player by sharing information and offering assistance to colleagues.
• Ability to offer thoughtful contributions at meetings and the ability to respect others regardless of differences.
• Ability to handle escalated issues calmly and appropriately and to take initiative to resolve problems and offer solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications used in the admissions department.
• Ability to build rapport with prospects and students and to provide timely, accurate information.
• Demonstrated understanding of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines and internal policies regarding student and employee privacy.
• Ability to understand and follow professional standards and University procedures.
• Ability to understand and effectively explain APUS history, mission statement, vision, policies, accreditation, procedures, and programs (including funding sources for students).
• Ability to compare and contrast APUS with major competitors.
• Understanding of higher education in the United States as enrollment procedures for the members of the United States Armed Forces.
• Demonstrated knowledge of APUS history, goals, mission, organization structure, and strategic objectives, including the ability to extract analysis information from reports.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required .
• Ten or more years in a customer service environment, preferably in sales or education required.
• Experience with online and/or higher education preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.