Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/21/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for coordinating the college’s employee recruitment and hiring process.
• Operates and manages the computerized applicant tracking system; creates job titles and uploads information; instructs hiring manages in the use of the program; approves user access; reviews and evaluates applicant qualifications; selects qualified job applicants and refers to hiring managers; communicates application status to applicants; manages applicant pools and application materials; creates EEO and custom reports; analyzes, develops and arranges system enhancements.
• Manages the employee recruitment budget; approves advertising expenditures and processes related invoices; processes candidate travel reimbursement forms.
• Interprets and explains federal compliance and human resources policies to college employees and job applicants.
• Prepares and schedules interviews; coordinates applicant testing; compiles information to create interview materials.
• Conducts searches for qualified candidates using databases, networking, the internet, media advertisements, job fairs and employee referrals.
• Conducts training, workshops and presentations pertinent to hiring and recruitment.
• Negotiates salaries and executes job offers.
• Coordinates and participates in job fairs, recruiting conferences, colleges, and community events.
• Initiates and implements employee recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of personnel recruitment principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Director assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and compliance of the final results.
Guidelines include Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Intergovernmental-Personnel Act, other state and federal employment laws, board policy, the employee handbook, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in coordinating the recruitment and hiring process. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate the recruitment and hiring of new personnel. Success in this position results in efficient and effective hiring of qualified applicants.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, job applicants, advertisers, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects and uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
Subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.