Detailed Job Description
The Project Manager & Operations Support - Academic Affairs plays a pivotal role in helping Academic Affairs accomplish partnership, leadership, and service. The Project Manager & Operations Support – Academic Affairs manages the communications strategy and oversees the general administrative office operations for the Office of Academic Affairs, provides project management, and provides support to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Vice Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs-Curriculum and Program Innovation, and as needed, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost and Director of Academic Budget and Administration. The individual serves as the initial and often primary contact for the Office of Academic Affairs, interfacing regularly with faculty, administrators, staff members, and students. The individual is integral in developing relationships and managing, coordinating, and/or overseeing projects with The Boston Conservatory areas that support the effective merger and incorporation of The Boston Conservatory with Berklee. The Project Manager & Operations Support - Academic Affairs reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Vice Provost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage the communications strategy and schedule for the Office of Academic Affairs. Write, edit, and publish Office of Academic Affairs communications in the form of community announcements on the Academic Affairs website, f/s news, or the Academic Affairs newsletters. Manage the Academic Affairs display case. Update the Office of Academic Affairs web site.
- Develop relationships and manage, coordinate, and/or oversee projects with The Boston Conservatory areas that support the effective merger and incorporation of The Boston Conservatory academic operations, policies, communications, appropriate technology aspects, and personnel with those aspects at Berklee.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships with Berklee departments and staff.
- In collaboration with appropriate individuals and college areas, prepare the academic calendar for upcoming years, including managing the publishing process.
- Manage the Degree Completion initiative, including reviewing alumni applications, acting as liaison between academic departments, Berklee Online, and Office of the Registrar to assess the application; providing the appropriate degree-completion options for the applicant to consider.
- Manage the College Curriculum Committee meetings, including setting meeting schedule and agendas, archiving proceedings, curriculum database revision and maintenance, and supporting process.
- Work closely with academic department managers and project managers to help plan and facilitate complex projects involving Technology Resources. As needed, serve as project manager for said projects.
- Hire and manage work-study student employees, including work schedules and assignments. When appropriate and needed, hire and supervise temporary staff employees.
- Oversee and manage various budget lines for the Office of Academic Affairs, including those for work-study students, office materials and supplies, and business card requests.
- Collect and prepare academic equipment and academic facility requests for budget planning.
- Manage the general administrative office operations for Office of Academic Affairs:
- Function as the initial and often primary contact for constituencies of Academic Affairs, including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail for the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Answer the main phone line for Office of Academic Affairs and other lines as requested.
- Manage the Office of Academic Affairs e-mail account.
- Manage faculty dependent tuition waiver requests and faculty tuition reimbursement requests.
- Administer faculty business card order requests.
- Manage communications about commencement activities.
- Maintain various official documents, booklets, and forms for the Office of Academic Affairs; ensures volume and accuracy.
- Maintain office supplies. Order and receive orders through master college database (Colleague).
- As needed, schedule rooms, catering needs, and equipment for Academic Affairs office meetings, programs, and events.
- Assists in maintaining display case outside of the Academic Affairs office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Vice Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs-Curriculum and Program Innovation. Typical activities include managing the VP’s schedules, preparing committee meeting agendas and minutes, crafting documents or correspondence, and completing expense reports. As needed, provides administrative support for the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost and, on occasion, the Director of Academic Budget and Administration.
- As appropriate and necessary, attend training, workshops and/or higher education or professional development conferences.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter addressed to the Office of Academic Affairs that presents the applicant’s capabilities and experiences
- A resume or CV
- Contact information for three references
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.