Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/29/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provides leadership to course development staff in the design, development, and delivery of distance learning and other blended learning environments.
Align course content, instructional strategies, and academic supports with learning outcomes and student success objectives by ensuring a systematic process for course design and development in distance learning and web-enhanced courses and programs.
Collaborates with academic leadership to continuously improve quality in online and blended learning courses and programs by establishing measureable outcomes to determine the overall impact of course design on student learning and course completion..
Builds strategic alliances and partnerships in industry and/or the community relating to course development, instructional design, and/or quality assurance for online, blended, and web-enhanced courses and programs.
Provides leadership to faculty and faculty support teams across the College to enhance the use and effectiveness of instructional materials that meet Quality Matters guidelines or other approved quality standards.
Serve as the College’s Institutional Representative for Quality Matters.
Maintains compliance with distance learning accreditation standards and industry regulations relating to quality assurance of course development for distance learning programs.
Collaborates with Academic Excellence Centers (AECs), Learning Commons, Teaching, Learning, & Academic Professional Development, Training & Development, and other College areas on faculty and staff training of best practices for delivering and facilitating high-quality online and blended courses and programs.
Researches and stays current on contemporary issues relating to innovative learning design and quality assurance of distance learning courses and programs, including copyright/intellectual property, online course design standards, and accessibility.
Researches and stays current on emerging models of distance learning, including massively open online courses (MOOCs), hyflex/blended learning designs, and program development of accelerated courses.
Investigates the efficacy of contemporary and future distance learning and blended learning environments.
Recruits, hires, manages, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
Performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of five years experience as an instructional designer or course developer
• Minimum of five years management experience
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with faculty
• Experience utilizing course design/development software applications (i.e., Captivate, Adobe Presenter/Connect, Authorware, CMS/LMS)
• Ability to make a substantial impact in the overall direction of course development and quality assurance of distance learning courses and programs
• Teaching/training experience
• Current principles and practices related to distance learning and applications of learning technologies in the classroom, including design of instructional courses for distance learning environments; emphasizing research-based best practices.
• Demonstrated success in establishing industry or community relationships or partnerships
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and faculty in a multi-campus environment
• Ability to develop and manage a departmental budget
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Doctorate degree in Distance Learning, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field
• Experience with accreditation or accreditation review of programs, including distance learning programs
• Experience utilizing Quality Matters or a similar quality assurance model for distance learning
• Virtual teaching/training experience
• Experience with Blackboard CMS/LMS
• Experience working with faculty in a higher education environment
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.