Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Interactive eLearning Architect creates award winning student centered eLearning courses in a fast paced environment. This role creates interactive digital media instruction that is compatible with both the current and future Learning Management Systems (LMSs). The incumbent develops new courses based on the specifications and storyboards developed in collaboration with digital media developers and subject matter experts (SME). The interactive eLearning architect is a thought leader and subject matter expert in a variety of digital learning infrastructures and learning modalities. This role works with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and vendors to ensure adherence to learning infrastructure design decisions, business requirements, and manages stakeholder expectations, ensuring standards are consistently met and delivered. Additionally, the incumbent ensures that developed content meets Section 508 accessibility standards, and performs quality assurance peer reviews on completed modules.
• Designs and develops creative learner-centered courses, modules, and materials in multiple modalities including synchronous and asynchronous learning methodologies, blended learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, device learning labs, and other resource materials.
• Uses online learning principals and adult learning pedagogy.
• Works with a SME to transform the expert written outlines into usable content.
• Uses the expert content to architect an interactive and engaging digital learning experience for the student.
• Prepares scripts, wireframes, and storyboards as needed to articulate the digital experience to the multimedia developers.
• Works with media developers to design and produce the digital learning content.
• Reviews the interactive content with the SME and program directors.
• Makes any necessary changes to the digital material and the learning content as needed.
• Ensures that the course objectives, institutional objectives and industry objectives are mapped to the content, assignments and assessments.
• Works with the course builders and provides guidance and expertise to produce the final course in the LMS.
• Reviews the course in the LMS to ensure the student experience meets the original goals and objectives for online learning and pedagogy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Ability to produce results by leveraging resources, building relationships, and by being adaptable and flexible to change.
• Ability to envision the learning experience needed for the content and the student.
• Ability to think creatively and use knowledge of digital media and 508 compliance to deliver a fulfilling and engaging student experience.
• Ability to establish working relationships with SMEs, multimedia developers, program directors, course builders and classroom support personnel.
• Ability to multi-task effectively, and take on additional responsibilities quickly.
• Able to effectively communicate at all levels and articulate ideas to other team members both orally and in writing.
• Able to work independently or in a team.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of the latest technology to develop interactive courses.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in education, instructional design, eLearning development; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience building interactive digital courses using various technology required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in higher-education required.
• Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud Education products, Adobe AEM, Adobe Captivate, and Articulate required.
• Experience building synchronous, asynchronous, blended, instructor led and self-paced courses required.
• Experience working with Sakai preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.