Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Campus President (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
The Campus President is the Campus Chief Executive Officer, serves as a member of the President's Cabinet and Leadership Council and reports directly to the College President. The campus president will have a thorough understanding of the mission and goals of a comprehensive community college in the 21st century, along with a clear commitment to instruction, student success, generating revenues, and community involvement. The campus president will provide, develop and maintain strong leadership and guidance, seek continuous improvement, foster positive change, ensure a sense of community, consensus and teamwork within the campus community; increase student recruitment, enrollment, retention and support the development and implementation of new programs based on the needs of the community and local region. In addition, the campus president will promote the visibility of the college/campus within the community and region and strengthen the college image through community outreach; partnerships and effective relationships with business and industry leaders, government, K-12 partners, and higher education institutions.
The campus president will be a skilled strategist able to envision, propose, and implement change with a proven record of engaging the college, community, and other external partners in improving student access and success. In addition, the campus president will provide leadership and support to campus faculty, administrators, classified staff (SEIU), and student services. As well, the campus president will work with the campus administrative team to plan annual enrollment and retentions goals; assess campus enrollment and retention activities, promote student success, and ensure operational efficiency is embraced and implemented across the campus. The campus president will also be responsible for leading and assisting administration, faculty, and staffs in the development and implementation of new approaches, methodology, and concepts in support programs and related activities.
Work location and additional information:
This position will be posted until filled.
808 Ridge Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212-6097
701 North Homewood Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15208-1806
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Doctoral degree and a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in higher education. Previous experience must include significant responsibility for academic, student, and/or administrative affairs, personnel, facilities, and other appropriate administrative duties. College teaching experience in an accredited institution of higher education. Experience working in a complex, multi-campus, comprehensive community college.
Skills, Qualities, and Characteristics:
? Familiarity with the operational and financial management of a complex organization, including collective bargaining, budgeting, facilities, and academic and student affairs administration.
? A student focused leader with a passion for academic excellence, the community college mission and student success.
? Must have a broad vision for the campus along with the skills and energy for implementation.
? A strong belief in a collaborative administrative style, as well as a servant leadership perspective.
? A fair and decisive administrator who will actively engage students, faculty, staff, and administrators to create a collegial academic learning environment.
? Demonstrated ability to work with business, industry, government, and the community at large.
? Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
? Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
? Experience with computerized administrative systems and proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
1. Accountable for the development of and execution of the vision and strategic direction for the institution in collaboration with the College President and President's Cabinet to ensure academic excellence.
2. Accountable for recruitment, enrollment, retention (persistence), completion, and graduation. Directs campus planning of enrollment projections to support the college's enrollment goal.
3. Manages the implementation and assessment of the key college and campus metrics and is responsible for the development and implementation of new programs.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state, and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as to adhering to all policies and procedures.
5. Ensures strong human resources management and evaluation of campus leaders and staff. Responsible for the overall staff and faculty engagement.
6. Maintains a desirable, attractive, and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained. Assesses campus resources needs and ensures that the resources are planned and properly implemented.
7. In collaboration with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, leads planning, research, and outcomes assessment activities for the campus. Ensures that the discussion of research, data, and outcomes are discussed with the campus community, and followed-up with appropriate plans and actions.
8. Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships with students, faculty, staff, college administration, campus community, and business/industry leaders.
9. Represents the campus/college in all appropriate local community activities.
10. Utilize appropriate means to communicate to the campus community and students on college matters and decisions taken which will affect them.
11. Complete other duties as assigned by the College President.
Job Category: Executives
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Campus President
Job Open Date: 01-25-2016
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/745304. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.