Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Administrative Assistant position exists to organize, administer, supervise and monitor a variety of support activities including effective and efficient operation of the Department of Philosophy and to fill the role of initial contact person and impromptu problem solver for a variety of issues and questions. This position serves to provide a high level of administrative and technical support to the chair, faculty, staff and members of allied departments and programs as well as all students whom the department serves in any capacity.
• Supervise daily operation of the department.
• Responds to all types of inquiries, general or specific on college policies, directs to appropriate areas, advises, and/or resolves complaints and problems.
• Reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
• Helps manage the departmental part-time pool; creates new applicant dossier and database listing, assigns EEO number and corresponds with applicant, tracks applicant dossier completion and selects dossiers for chair review.
• Compiles semester part-time pool reports for EEO office and submits these reports to meet deadlines.
• Expedites textbook orders for faculty and interfaces between faculty and bookstore and publishers.
• Directs day-to-day tasks of office support student work study/hourly employees
• Assigns student worker job duties, sets work priorities, arranges work schedules, monitors work hours, reviews performance, arranges for Banner and other training as needed.
• Manages student payroll; signs time cards, inputs payroll information into Banner and verifies student award balances
• Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
• Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and English-language learners.
-Bachelors degree or equivalent education and clerical experience ( one year of education is equal to two years of experience.)
-Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
-Two years of general clerical or administrative service experience.
-Experience using Banner or related database system.
-Two years of experience managing multiple projects and priorities in an office environment
-Two years of experience managing or supervising employees
-Experience with or knowledge of the higher educational setting.
-Knowledge or experience using office equipment including multi-line phone system, scanner, fax, copiers and printers.
-Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
-Experience providing customer service.
-Highly organized and detail-oriented.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Copies of transcripts, when applicable, will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.