Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department/Position Description:The Department of Early Childhood and Elementary Education is comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs in InterdisciplinaryEarly Childhood Education, Elementary Education and related programs. Eighteen faculty support three undergraduate programs,nine graduate programs and an advising center. Duties and qualifications are described below. Department chairs are expected tomaintain a half-time teaching load.
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide oversight for all undergraduate and graduate departmental programs on both the main and extended campuses to ensurethat curriculum is current, instruction is of the highest quality, and outcomes are aligned with college and university goals.
2. Manage departmental functions, including course scheduling, budget, personnel, and the day-to-day operations of the department.3. Provide leadership and effective advocacy for the department at the college and university levels, including the establishmentand/or implementation of department, college and university policies, procedures and guidelines.
4. Promote effective collaboration with local, state and national educational agencies (i.e., pK-12 schools), as well as other constituenciesrelevant to programs in the department.
5. Facilitate faculty development through meaningful evaluation to ensure excellence and innovation in teaching, research and service.
6. Collaborate with other departments to meet the needs of students and the goals of the College and University.
7. Advocate for faculty and both undergraduate and graduate students’ needs.
8. Lead the development of strategies for student recruitment and program expansion.
9. Demonstrate excellence in teaching, research and service.
Minimum Education Requirements: Earned doctorate in education field specific to disciplines within the department or a related field.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
1. Current or prior tenured appointment at the rank of full or associate professor at an accredited institution of higher education.
2. A minimum of three years of experience in a public elementary or early childhood settings.
3. Strong record of research in teaching and learning, teacher education or related areas.
4. Experience with accreditation process associated with agencies such as NCATE, CAEP, NAEYC, specialized professional associations,or regional accrediting bodies.
5. Experience with high-quality, field-focused teacher preparation.
Posting Date: 1/29/2013 Closing Date: 3/18/2013
Open until filled: No
Special Instructions: To assist the search committee in effectively reviewing your application materials, please be sure that your letter ofapplication addresses all areas of qualification and experience. Other required documents are a current vita and contact information forthree references.
To apply, visit:https://www.murraystatejobs.com/postings/2162
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.