Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This technical position will assist the Director and Associate Director of the First Year Success program by monitoring the first-year student cycle from admissions to the second-year transition through data analysis and intentional, targeted outreach efforts. FYS seeks candidates who are dedicated to promoting the institutionalization of the practices and philosophies of inclusive excellence that foster equity in access and outcomes.
30% Creation, manipulation and maintenance of the First Year Success academic schedule. Manage communication with multiple academic departments in order to compile the fall and spring schedules of FYS-supported courses. Create the schedule in Banner and apply the appropriate notations and restrictions. Manage requests from academic departments and facilitate registration.
30% Create in-house reports that provide data that identify student and faculty lists and rosters. Create in-house reports that determine participation in interventions and the effectiveness of interventions. Run reports created on the division level which provide information on current enrollment, retention, student success, program assessment and other pertinent topics. Manipulate university systems such as COGNOS to cull student lists, GPA, evidence of impact of co-curricular programming and other information that facilitates FYS outreach and retention efforts. Collaborate with individuals from appropriate offices (such as the Office of Institutional Research and Student Academic Success) to ensure that these variables are current and accurate in corresponding databases. Provide the Director and Associate Director with information as needed in order to guide program growth and development and to support grant applications and scholarly research undertaken by the department and the Director.
30% Create and manage a dynamic website for FYS using tools within the T4 system. Curate website content that supports FYS programming and collaboration with other units within Student and Academic Affairs via the FYS webpage. Manage all social media outreach efforts, building tools to facilitate student-to-peer interaction. Supervise student workers who will assist with these projects. Bilingual (English/ Spanish)communication through social media, websites and graphic design publications.
10% Create presentation materials regarding program information and assessment for use in presentations by First Year Success staff to internal and external constituencies. Provide technological and graphics support for events that promote registration and enrollment. Work with print service bureaus and on-campus constituents and engage in every aspect of production.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience collecting data for program assessment and evaluation.
• Experience using publishing software ( JAVA, Adobe, etc.)
• Experience creating and maintaining website.
• Experience creating reports.
• Master’s degree.
• Experience using Banner or related student information database system.
• Experience using COGNOS or similar system.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of underrepresented students, students of color, and non-traditional students, low-income students, and international students.
• Understanding of first-year students and retention issues in a diverse, urban setting.
• Experience or knowledge using data collection methodology appropriate to the assessment of co-curricular programming and its impact on student success.
• Experience or ability to use social media for communication.
• Experience supervising student staff.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.