Detailed Job Description
Position/Rank: Assistant Director of Financial Aid/Systems, AP continuing, in Financial Aid Office at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Appointment Date: March 1, 2016
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Master's Degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Min. 2 years of relational database experience, writing data queries and reports using tools such as SqlDeveloper, BiQuery, or MS Access
- Min. 2 years of supervisory or lead experience, with demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience writing systems documentation
- In accordance with Federal regulatory requirements, the incumbent must be in good standing on any outstanding Federal Title IV loans.
- Direct experience working with Banner Financial Aid software
This position identifies problems with the Banner and AIS systems, determines corrective action, and actualizes measures for implementing changes. This requires solicitation and management of the cooperation of the vendor, Enrollment Management and Information Technology personnel, and other Banner and AIS user offices within the University community which are diverse in their interests, locations, and time constraints. The University computing environment is constantly changing and software enhancements are continuous, requiring flexibility and frequent adjustments by the system user offices. It is incumbent upon this position to have the skill and expertise to interpret and translate the needs of non-technical staff and the requirements of the financial aid and other programs into operational plans. This position must be able to communicate the capabilities and limitations of the system(s) to non-technical staff, to develop technical plans for implementation, and to administer supervision to the staff responsible for the end result. This position is responsible for the basic after hours (24/7) data center support/monitoring of the SIS job manager (Appworx).Application Instructions:
Use Institution Website
button to the right of this job description, then follow instructions on the jobpage at SIU-Carbondale's website.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.