Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Stockton University seeks a highly energetic, innovative, experienced and forward-looking Associate Director for Residence Education with a proven record of successful leadership in promoting and integrated, engaged, dynamic student experience in a growing residential life program. Successful candidates will display a passion for working with entry-level professional staff and students; a commitment to the mission and vision of the University; ability to create community by implementing a residential curriculum; and exhibits the highest personal and professional ethical standards. Qualities of the successful candidate will be a genuine desire to help students grow and develop, ability to handle multiple responsibilities, and experience in student conduct, supervision, planning, and assessment.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Personnel or related field required. Experience supervising professional or graduate staff, facilitating residential life training and selection, oversight of student conduct, programming planning and emergency management experience required. Experience with card access systems, StarRez technology and Living Learning Communities or Themed Communities is preferred. Ability to interface with individuals from diverse backgrounds is essential. Candidates will demonstrate a minimum of 5-7 years progressive experience in the field of residential life and/or student affairs.
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm; some evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
Under the supervision of the Director of Residential Life, the Associate Director for Residence Education is responsible for the following:
1. Serving as a member of the Residential Life Management Team, providing oversight for the education and development of the professional and student staff.
2. Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating (6) Complex Directors and other designated residential life staff.
3. Providing strong leadership and evaluation of paraprofessional staff in the residential areas.
4. Overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of all programmatic responsibilities in order to enhance the students' achievement of academic and personal success based on a residential life curriculum model. Creating and fostering a strong connection to the College by providing programs and services for students residing in residential facilities.
5. Maintaining acceptable standards of student conduct within the residential environment and assisting in the supervision of the student conduct system (Maxient) for the Office of Residential Life, which includes the coordination of all incident reports, conduct investigations, case adjudications, the management of all student conduct records, technology databases, policies, procedures and serve as a liaison with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and Campus Police.
6. Providing oversight for the residential curriculum, the educational approach for programming efforts in the residential areas.
7. Developing and implementing Themed Learning Communities and/or Living Learning Communities while collaborating with faculty/staff to promote a comprehensive partnership to extend learning beyond the classroom by merging curricular and co-curricular experiences.
8. Facilitating on-going communication and collaboration with other student life departments and other key stakeholders, such as, but not limited to: the Wellness Center, Student Rights and Responsibilities, Career Center, Student Development, Tutoring Center, Campus Police, Campus Center, Athletics, Financial Aid, Admissions, and Plant Management.
9. Managing all programmatic budgets.
10. Fostering the development of an effective Residence Hall Association aimed at enhancing the welfare of the residential population, the development of future leaders, and building a strong sense of community.
11. Serving as divisional representative regarding residential education initiatives as it relates to the on campus and off campus student populations. This may include department, division, campus or off site committees.
12. Creating and periodically updating all Residential Life publications such as, The Guide to Residential Life, Residential Education Operations Manual, Complex Director Resource Manual, Graduate Assistant Staff Manual, and Resident Assistant Resource Manual.
13. Developing and revising policies and procedures pertaining to residential staff. This includes updating the Standard Operating Procedures Manual with other members of the Residence Life management team.
14. Attending and participating in college-wide special events such as Admissions Events, Open Houses, Commencement, Homecoming, Orientation and other all-call functions for student affairs staff.
15. Serving as a member of the management on-call rotation to respond to campus housing related emergencies.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Residential Life, Dean of Students, Associate Vice President or Vice President of Student Affairs.
Anticipated Start Date: April, 2016. Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Priority consideration given to applications received by February 20, 2016. Application process is opened until position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://careers-stockton.icims.com/jobs. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF, JPEG or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) Letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) Curriculum vitae or resume
3.) Three references with full contact information
All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
● All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
● Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
● In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
● Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
● Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.