Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/16/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position applies instructional design and project management knowledge to support the mission of MSU Denver. The scope of responsibilities for this position includes courses, modules, and course curriculum for all delivery modalities. This position supervises an agile instructional design team to accomplish assigned projects.
40% Instructional Design
• Applies instructional design principles, standards, theories and practices, including needs and task analysis, design, development, implementation, and measurement to the build of learning solutions/interventions
• Determines instructional strategies, conceptualizes and creates an engaging user experience which may consist of graphical user interfaces, page layout designs, interactivity, and flows while incorporating ADA section 508 guidelines.
• Designs outcome-driven e-learning and instructional materials for a variety of delivery methods.
• Works with complex source material along with detailed development cycles, keeping both the process and the content highly accessible, streamlined, and focused for collaborators and stakeholders
• Designs, develops and implements electronic instructional materials using authoring and content management tools (e.g., Adobe Suite, Camtasia Studio, Blackboard Collaborate, HTML5, SoftChalk, Moodle, Flash, SCORM or similar applications and systems).
• Consults with faculty on the use of gamification, interactive applications, animations, information visualization, and learning activities.
• Applies and leverages techniques and resources (e.g., animations, interactive elements, simulations, video, storytelling devices, gaming elements, web 2.0/3.0 features, etc) where appropriate in developing e-learning solutions.
40% IT Project management
• Interprets and develops functional specifications and other design documents for e-learning and instructional design projects and variety of other teaching and learning.
• Scopes IT projects, estimates efforts, drafting project plans, setting schedules, and coordinating deliverables using effective coaching and feedback, as well as supervising an instructional design team.
• Prioritizes and manages large, complex, and high-impact instructional design initiatives, using agile, SCRUM and PMI principles, as well as other industry standards and best practices.
• Leads efforts to create systems and processes that utilizes continuous improvement methodologies, quality pedagogical approaches, and empowers data-driven decision-making.
• Collaborates with other teams to conceptualize and execute ideas.
15% Research and Outreach
• Maintains professional expertise by researching and sharing new professional knowledge.
• Conducts individual and group training in the use of educational technology (including computer hardware, software, and other forms of digital technology) that may be used to enhance student-learning experiences.
• Represents MSU Denver at national, regional conferences, and other group meetings.
• Supports the annual Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium.
• Promotes faculty engagement though the use of communities of practice (e.g., MSU Denver’s Online Faculty Commons)
• Identifies and pursues grant opportunities to fund innovative initiatives.
5% Other Duties as Assigned
• (e.g., support other institutional initiatives, participates on University committees as designated by supervisor.)
• Master’s degree in Instructional Design and Adult Learning or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of instructional design experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects in the higher education setting.
• Experience developing, implementing and delivering training programs.
• Experience applying adult learning theories, instructional design theories, pedagogical and andragogical theories to inform course development.
• Experience with software applications and tools (e.g., Adobe Suite, Camtasia Studio, Blackboard Collaborate, HTML5, SoftChalk, Moodle, Flash, SCORM or similar applications and systems).
• Experience with technical writing and report generating.
• Experience with public speaking and professional presentation experience
• Experience with developing and maintaining virtual communities of practice.
• Experience with graphic design.
• Experience with conference and event management.
• Experience meeting ADA/Section 504/508 guidelines.
• Experience with learning management systems from multiple perspectives and roles.
• 2 or more years of agile instructional design experience
• 2 or more years of public speaking and professional presentation experience
• 2 or more years of experience developing and maintaining virtual communities of practice.
• 2 or more years of graphic design skills.
• 2 or more years of conference and event management experience.
• 2 or more years of pursuing and submitting grants.
• 2 or more years developing and implementing training.
• 2 or more years’ experience using Blackboard Learn.
• Experience applying social media concepts to enhance student engagement.
• Experience applying analytics to foster student learning (e.g., through the use of Blackboard Analytics)
• Experience applying course quality improvement using national standards (e.g., Quality Matters)
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.