Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2284 - Unclassified - FT
Provides technical support and training to assigned clients in computer applications software utilized by Housing, Dining, Recreation and Business Services. These applications include, but are not limited to: MICROS Simphony, MICROS Opera, Conference Programmer, Room Viewer, WinPrism, EMS, and Max Galaxy.
• Install software and manage the services for both in-house systems and hosted servers in accordance with HDRBS and Miami University conventions.
• Serve as the primary systems support person for the Department of Housing, Dining, Recreation and Business Services. Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, working with multiple hardware and software vendors.
• Install, maintain, configure and trouble-shoot multiple applications.
• Specify, purchase, inventory and coordinate installation of all departmental computer and printer purchases.
• Maintain department listserv’s and file access
• Provide one-on-one and group training in selected application software.
• Analyze and provide consultation and training to assist in improving business operation and clients' use of technology.
• Cross-train and provide backup support for other systems and applications within the Department of Housing, Dining, Recreation and Business Services.
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
• Two years of experience in network server administration and client computing support.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Evidence of commitment toward providing excellent client computing support.
• Strong knowledge of networking and Windows applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge/skills/abilities required may be substituted.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.