Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2285 - Unclassified - FT
Provides programming development and support for web based applications for Housing, Dining, Recreation and Business Services, including the HOME Office.
• Analysis, design, program, test and maintain web based applications (PHP/PostgreSQL/SQL/Oracle/etc.)
o MyCard – Housing and meal management system, university-wide web solutions
o Interface systems (MyCard/Conference/ID Card, etc.)
o Departmental adhoc programming needs
• Work in an agile extreme pair programming setting
• Provides training and support of developed and purchased systems
• Liaison to Bursar’s office for billing
• Works closely with various Miami University offices to develop efficient systems and method of providing services to students and staff
• Evaluates, purchases and deploys new technologies throughout the department
• Provides backup support for other departmental technical support personnel
• Investigates opportunities for better communication and efficiencies through the use of technology (paperless)
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Business or related field preferred and two years of experience in web based programming (PHP) and SQL database programming (Oracle/PostgreSQL/etc.) or related educational background. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge/skills/abilities required may be substituted.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office and industry software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of campus ID card meal and access systems.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.