Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and participate in a variety of payroll critical activities involved in processing University payroll in a multi-state environment to ensure that all payroll payments are made in an accurate and timely manner; to ensure the University complies with all reporting and filing requirements of the payroll function; and to be responsible to its internal and external customers, including accounting support
• Enter new hire payroll information into the enterprise e-time system
• Reconcile e-TIME (time and attendance recordkeeping)
• Collection of Payroll data: review and verify all documentation is complete, properly coded and ready to process in the appropriate pay cycle.
• Maintains and monitors the tuition remission log for taxation liability; notifies employees of tax implications on TR
• Reconciles Taxable fringe benefits, garnishments and leave accrual administration
• Reconciles payroll-related records and reports to assist with various management-based projects including internal and external audit requests, as well as outside agencies, public and private.
• Provides vice presidents with labor distribution reports.
• Reconcile/review all data entry from HR and payroll for accuracy prior to transmission of live payroll.
• Audits department time sheets and enter hours worked for student employees to ensure accurate payment.
• Reconciles appropriate general ledger accounts and payroll accounting functions.
• Responds to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
• Associate’s Degree in accounting or business, or equivalent training and experience that encompass basic math skills, knowledge of payroll, taxes and benefits, analytical problem solving and logical thinking required
• Methods and practices of payroll processing
• Payroll related laws and regulations in a multi-state environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs Microsoft, Excel, Word Perfect, and Internet skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and inter-personal skills with ability to solve complicated complaints, inquiries, and issues involving pay and benefits
• Ability to work proactively; meet stringent deadlines; prioritize work; and operate in a fast-paced environment with limited amount of supervision.
• Possess a strong attention to detail
• Must possess a strict level of discretion in maintaining employee confidence and protecting operations.
• Three years of increasingly responsible accounting work with an emphasis in payroll processing
• Working knowledge of wage and hour regulations and payroll tax fundamentals preferred
• Electronic time and attendance recordkeeping and/or ADP payroll processing experience preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.