Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/24/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Teaches a variety of hospitality management courses with emphasis on Food/Service management such as Introduction to Hospitality, Sanitation and Safety, Customer Service, Cost Control, Hospitality Purchasing, Fundamentals of Restaurant/Foodservice Management, Dining Room Operations, Beverage Management, Restaurant Marketing, Restaurant/Foodservice Entrepreneurship.
Associate degree in Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Business, or related. Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a supervisory or managerial role; proficient in related industry software.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement.
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hospitality Management, business, education or related field. Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) designation; two years recent restaurant management experience in a full service dining establishment; teaching/training experience.
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Part-time faculty are compensated at a rate of $835 per Equated Semester Unit (i.e., approximately $2505 for a 3 credit hour course).
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis for adjunct faculty positions throughout the academic year 2015-2016 (Fall, Spring and Summer Semester).
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.