Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Associate Vice President, Revenue Management leads the business office and accounts receivable (A/R) teams through staff leadership and mentoring, creative problem solving, and solution development. Additionally, this role leads various finance and information technology (IT) projects.
• Plans, organizes and leads department activities and delivers business office services while maintaining continuous quality improvement.
•Leads and manages personnel, including staffing, timekeeping, employee evaluations, counseling, interviewing and selection of staff within established guidelines.
•Coordinates and leads finance projects and technical team to include participation in creation of projects, requirements approval, user-acceptance testing, training and implementation.
•Works closely with general finance and internal audit teams on monthly and quarterly A/R processes and financial and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audits.
•Works with IT to resolve failures in system processing that affect business office processes.
• Works closely with the department leadership on training, mentoring and professional development programs to ensure employee engagement and success.
• Interacts with American Public University System (APUS) staff and various teams, at all levels as required, to meet strategic objectives.
• Manages third-party relationships with collection agencies and partnerships.
• Manages and maintains updates to all standard operating procedures and SOX narratives.
•Stays abreast of regulatory changes within finance, collections and financial aid as it impacts the business office and various systems.
• Ensures business office compliance to Department of Education regulation guidelines for the handling of various regulated funds.
•Works with internal and external auditors as needed.
• Ensures all work meets both financial and SOX compliance.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to interact with students and APUS staff in a positive and professional manner.
• Knowledge of general accounting rules and financial aid regulations.
• Ability to understand and implement policies and procedures.
• Ability to lead and mentor a management team.
• Ability to solve problems in an ever changing environment.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in Business or Accounting.Master’s degree and CPA preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience.
•Minimum of five (5) years of management experience.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.