Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Social Media Coordinator manages all social media communities for American Public University System (APUS).
• Performs social media engagement activities (writing, posting, and tracking posts across various social media platforms) as directed in support of the University’s marketing initiatives.
• Executes day-to-day social media initiatives; pushes content and develops strategies to improve user engagement and drives action across all major channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, etc.
• Creates social media campaigns and provides template social posts for company use, pertaining to specific events and announcements.
• Monitors social media conversations and responds as needed.
• Maintains a file of active social accounts and users and conducts quarterly social media audit.
• Monitors trending news stories and “hashtags” for potential University involvement.
• Identifies new/emerging social platforms that serve the goals of the organization.
•Provides regular reports and updates on emerging trends for staff and departments.
• Leads training for staff and new hires as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Strong interpersonal and customer support skills.
• Strong understanding of current and emerging social platforms (especially Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest).
• Knowledge of marketing communications insights and industry trends, strategies and objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines.
• One to three (1-3) years of relevant experience.
• Experience with social media management platforms (e.g. Hootsuite) required.
• Experience with social analytics and listening tools required.
• Familiarity with education industry is preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.