Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/16/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Test Examiner & Education Coordinator, Edwards Air Force Base (AFB) , establishes and maintains the national test center on Edwards AFB and relationships with key influencers to include: military education center staff, community college transfer and veteran center staff, and current students and prospective students within the assigned area of responsibility (AOR). This role provides on-site liaison between American Public University System (APUS) and the field location to all members of the local community as appropriate.The incumbent presents briefings to individuals and groups (when permissible), counsels & assists current & prospective students, represents APUS at local events and ceremonies and provides information about APUS programs to key military and civilian personnel. This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week.
• Serves as the test examiner and proctor for the national test center on Edwards AFB.
• Serves as the “face of APUS” in assigned geographic region.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with Edwards AFB education center personnel & other key personnel.
• Ensures marketing materials displayed in all assigned areas are kept replenished and current.
• Provides face-to-face, phone, and email assistance to current students and prospective students.
• Attends ceremonies and other events on behalf of APUS, and may make presentations of scholarships or other forms of recognition.
• Assists the director, in the development and execution of strategies, plans, and objectives, and keeps him/her informed of potential marketing opportunities in assigned area.
• Prepares briefings and presents information to individuals and groups of varying sizes.
• Develops innovative ways to get information about APUS to target audiences.
• Provides input to advertising and marketing activities specific to AOR.
• Periodically assists other education coordinators with events that are located outside of assigned AOR.
• Provides monthly environmental scan of AOR to include military installations, community colleges, and activity of key competitors.
• Provides monthly spreadsheet on student and prospect visitation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Work is performed in a variety of locations, including but not limited to, home office, Edwards AFB, California, and community colleges locations within assigned AOR.
• Frequent travel required within assigned geographic AOR; occasional travel required to Manassas, Virginia or Charles Town, West Virginia.
• In depth understanding of testing, (i.e. CLEP, DSST) and other tests as required
• In depth understanding of student services functions, to include, advising, enrollment management, career services, etc.
• In depth understanding of military voluntary education, community college systems, and veteran programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with internal contacts, including fellow American Public University System (APUS) employees up to the vice president level and APUS students, and external contacts, including senior government personnel (military and civilian), community college officials, unit leaders, base education officials, and prospective students.
• Ability to organize resources in the most effective way to accomplish competing missions.
• Ability to establish priorities among multiple tasks.
• Ability to operate independently to accomplish the assigned mission.
• Ability to translate general mission guidance into specific actions.
• Ability to make logical decisions that support the intended objective, considering the best interests of APUS.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
• Previous experience with customer interaction and communication required.
• Basic computer experience required; experience with Microsoft Office products preferred.
• Military service or military affiliated experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of community college systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of military voluntary education preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.