Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/24/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As the University’s principal Web architect, the Director of Digital Marketing Strategy will lead the implementation of an integrated digital marketing strategy for the web that will align with the University’s integrated marketing goals, focusing on a conversion-first digital strategy on all projects, while using best practice tactics for success and with a focus on strong analytic reporting, optimization and continual assessment. The Director of Digital Marketing Strategy will lead a technical team of experienced and talented Web programmers/developers and Web designers, and provide oversight for planning and development of MSU Denver’s online presence to enhance our overall brand and value. The incumbent will have the ability to conceptualize, articulate, design and execute strategic direction for the web within the budget framework of the department; a demonstrated understanding of best practices regarding usability, user-centric design, accessibility, search engine optimization, and coding standards; a solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions; the ability to analyze web traffic data and prepare reports highlighting key information, trends and opportunities understandable to those with a non-technical background; the ability to research creative solutions to technical problems; the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members; enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills; a willingness to stay abreast of emerging technologies; and strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
• Administration and management of the University’s enterprise Web system and technical staff.
• Ownership of Web and digital marketing, the development of a long-term vision and Web and digital marketing plan.
• Develop and execute Web and digital marketing strategies that align with University goals.
• Lead the process to evaluate internal and external digital asset capabilities, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of the institution’s Web site and creation and management of the site’s content. Also responsible for selection and implementation of Web tools and resolution of performance issues such as speed of access. Monitors Web site use and trends.
• Lead and manage web team programmers/developers, and programmer analysts to develop, monitor, and manage large scale digital marketing efforts on the Web.
• Establish and meet University goals, team goals and individual goals.
• Establish and lead the internal Web & Digital Strategy Steering Committee.
• Implement the University’s overall digital roadmap; oversee execution of specific digital strategic plans developed by the Web/Digital team.
• Serve as a member of the Marketing and Communications Leadership team. Apprise Communications and Marketing team overall of best practices in digital communications for internal and external audiences.
• Manage, train and motivate the Web team and introduce best practice to all activities and initiatives.
• Oversight of Web and digital project management including estimating costs and managing associated budgets.
• Represent Web and digital marketing and develop strong connections across the University/campus.
• Responsible for the design, layout and coding of the enterprise website to meet the goals of the University, departmental Web authors as well as Marketing and Communications strategies.
• Develop and maintain the technical and graphical aspects of the University website – how the site works and how it looks.
• Responsible for the operation, maintenance and availability of the University Web Content Management System and infrastructure, including servers, software and associated applications.
• Responsible for the maintenance and update of the University Website, such as modifying existing applications to improve functionality and process flow.
• Develop and oversee governance, standards, and metrics for Web and digital work, including user experience (UX), social media, mobile, html and other mass emails, CMS platform, video, web and interactive content.
• Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) tools and build into the Web and digital marketing programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Marketing, Business or Communications, or related field.
Minimum of 5 years digital marketing experience including SEO, SEM.
Minimum of 7 years of experience managing and website design, as well as CMS and website redevelopment projects.
Minimum of 5 years managing a Web/digital marketing team/technical staff.
Experience in and knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.) and other third party software such as Google Adwords.
Experience creating and implementing digital marketing initiatives through email, social, display and managing SEO/SEM tools. (Samples required.)
Experience and expertise in writing, messaging and branding (Samples required.)
Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Master’s degree in Information Technology, Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field or Over five years comparable experience in the industry.
Experience in Higher Education communications and marketing.
Experience in the management of Enterprise Content Management Systems (CMS) and system infrastructure.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
This position is open until filled. Reviewing of applications will begin the week of 01/11/15.
Please submit examples of creating and implementing digital marketing initiatives through email, social, display and managing SEO/SEM tools under “Writing Sample.”
Please submit examples of Experience and expertise in writing, messaging and branding under “Other Document.”
If you are unable to attach the additional requested materials at the time of application, please forward those materials to Yvonne Flood at email@example.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.