Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2268 - Unclassified - Part-time, temporary
The part-time Psychotherapist/Psychologist performs the duties of a psychotherapist, providing clinical services to students and consultation services to faculty and staff during the heavily demanded Fall and Spring semesters.
· Provides psychological and/or counseling services, including psychological evaluation and individual and group counseling and psychotherapy to Miami University students presenting a wide range of mental health concerns.
· Intervenes in crisis and emergency situations of a mental health nature with students, possibly including rare after hours on-call responsibilities.
· Consults with faculty, staff and other professionals regarding the mental health needs of students.
· May initiate and respond to requests to provide psycho-educational programming to various groups within the university community depending upon center needs and the expertise of the Psychotherapist.
· Maintains clinical records and provides clinical documentation and communication with in-house and external practitioners as necessary for ethical clinical treatment.
· Attends and participates in clinical staff meetings and consultations as schedule allows.
· May provide supervisory and training services within the psychology training program depending upon licensure status.
The part-time Psychotherapist/Psychologist has earned, or is in the process of earning, an appropriate advanced degree (MSW, MA, Ph.D.) in the mental health field (e.g. Social Work, Counseling, Psychology). Independent licensure to practice in Ohio preferred. If not independently licensed to practice, the Psychotherapist must work under the license and supervision of a current SCS staff member.
The part-time Psychotherapist/Psychologist has earned, or is in the process of earning, an appropriate advanced degree in the mental health field (e.g. Social Work, Counseling, Psychology). Independent licensure to practice in Ohio preferred. If not independently licensed to practice, the Psychotherapist must work under the license and supervision of a current SCS staff member.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.