Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/31/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
DEPARTMENT CHAIR – College of Western Idaho
Responsible to: Assistant Dean
The College of Western Idaho has 12 Department Chair openings in the following departments:
Business, Culture-History-Politics, Life Scineces, Education, English, Education & Wellness, Math, Modern Languages, Philosophy & Communications, Physcial Sciences, Social & Human Relations, Visual & Performing Arts.
This is a full-time faculty position with a salary range of $56,000 to $60,000.
The Department Chair is a supervisory, faculty/administrative position that ensures the integrity, excellence and continuous improvement of the department’s educational programs, through strategic planning, curriculum oversight, and faculty development. The Department Chair must be skillful in strategic planning, curriculum analysis and planning, and faculty development. This position is responsible for communication regarding the department to relevant stakeholders. The Department Chair makes data-driven decisions to monitor, coordinate, and facilitate program development processes. Department Chairs help establish operational objectives, have an in-depth knowledge of the organization’s goals, and positively impact the health of the institution. In addition to administrative duties, the Department Chair maintains part-time teaching responsibility
With campuses located throughout Boise’s vibrant and desirable metropolitan area, the College of Western Idaho is the state’s newest community college. In addition to offering a full range of academic courses leading to transfer-ready Associate of Arts or Science degrees, CWI also serves as Southwest Idaho’s provider of Professional Technical Education, Adult Basic Education, Dual Credit courses, and Workforce/ Employment Skills Training. The College of Western Idaho serves close to 10,000 students and employs 350 faculty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Supervises and leads the department planning process by engaging faculty.
• Plans and implements an integrated schedule of department course offerings and faculty assignments.
• Recommends and approves department course listings and content.
• Works with the Assistant Dean to review and improve program quality.
• Creates and monitors program sequencing for timely student completion of degrees.
• Ensures efficient and effective curriculum delivery.
• Works to create and maintain a department culture that values and supports a diverse student body, faculty, staff, community, and College.
• Holds regular department meetings with faculty.
• Attends Chair meetings.
• Participates on college and other stakeholder committees.
• Solicits faculty input on decisions and outcomes affecting the department.
• Maintains a positive work climate.
• Assures staff and faculty are informed of and in compliance with CWI policies.
• Ensures maintenance of accurate department records and archives.
• Oversees and collects department syllabi, faculty CV, and employment records.
• Works with the Assistant Dean to determine department hiring needs.
• Supervises recruitment and hiring processes for department faculty and staff.
• Ensures courses and duties of absent faculty are appropriately covered.
• Coordinates and mentors faculty.
• Supervises performance evaluations for full-time and adjunct faculty.
• Integrates department curricula and operations with those of the division.
• Assures department curricula is consistent with CWI’s mission and strategic plan.
• Assures department programs comply with all standards of NWCCU.
• Oversees ongoing department curricula and program assessment.
• Works with faculty to create, measure, and communicate outcome assessments.
• Works with faculty to assure course syllabi specify student learning objectives, outcomes, and assessments.
• Oversees annual Program Reviews.
• Works with the College of Western Idaho’s Dual Credit program to ensure quality student learning.
• Prepares and monitors department budget needs.
• Manages department operating budget.
• Ensures workplace and instruction quality by monitoring and procuring the necessary resource needs of students, staff, faculty, and facilities.
• Oversees department website content.
Department Specific Duties
• Teach department courses or in other related areas.
• Provide instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, methodologies, current technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of department.
• Advise and mentor undergraduates in professional development activities.
• Assist in student recruitment initiatives to enhance growth of department program.
• Cultivate public image for the departments programs.
• Enhance community partnerships and constituencies in department programs.
• Teaches 3-6 credits per semester, as assigned by Assistant Dean.
• Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
(Please clearly address qualifications in cover letter.)
• Master’s degree in discpline or a closely related area
• Five years of demonstrated teaching excellence in a variety of courses at the post-secondary level
• Two years of leadership or supervisory experience
• Experience in curriculum design, implementation, and oversight
In addition to the above qualifications, a superior candidate will have:
• Leadership and supervisory experience in a post-secondary institution
• Significant knowledge of or experience in a community college setting
• Experience developing and monitoring budgets
• Experience in problem-based learning, teaching with an array of distance learning technologies, teaching in blended learning formats and online teaching
• Willingness to pursue scholarly activity
• Visionary in creating a greater public image for the business program
To Apply, Please go to: jobs.cwidaho.cc
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.