Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
ACADEMIC VACANCY - FULL TIME TENURE TRACK
FINAL FILING DATE:
FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2013 BY 12:00 NOON. (POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Your entire application packet must be submitted in duplicate, an original and one copy.
LOCATION: * SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: YUBA COLLEGE
$52,592 - $81,126/YR. (178 DAYS) (Initial placement will not be higher than the above listed salary, the top step for this position is Class VI, Step 19 which is $100,879 /YR.)
COMMENCING: FALL 2013 SEMESTER
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Organize and teach all levels of mathematics classes from basic math through calculus and differential equations, and linear algebra (also statistics if qualified);
• Develop and maintain a relevant community college mathematics curriculum, including appropriate transfer/articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities;
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning
(interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees; and
• Be committed to, and participate in, the shared-governance process.
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Mathematics at California Community Colleges:
• Master’s Degree in mathematics or applied mathematics OR
• Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in statistics, physics, or mathematics education (If the
candidate has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education then this Master’s degree must have been conferred from a mathematics department at the time that the candidate obtained the degree) OR
• The equivalent OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of Mathematics.
Preference may be given to applicants who:
• Meet the minimum qualifications to teach statistics, namely, at least six semester-units of upper-
division undergraduate or graduate course work in either statistics or probability OR the equivalent;
or be willing to take the necessary courses to meet the minimum qualifications.
• Have successful experience teaching the full range of college-level mathematics and statistics courses;
• Are prepared through other employment or student experiences to successfully teach college-level
• Have experience teaching mathematics using a distributive education modality (interactive television,
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Applicants must meet YCCD minimum qualifications by the filing date or have been awarded equivalency by the District prior to the publication of the Recruitment Announcement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE:
Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit our web site at: http://www.yccd.edu. This position will remain open until at least FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2013, but may be closed at any time thereafter at the option of the Screening Committee. All application materials, including the completed Yuba Community College District Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, Role Statement, Diversity Statement, Three (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover letter/letter of interest, must be received not later than the final filing date.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or (c) portfolio.
NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this opening only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be forwarded for further consideration.
TIMELINE: Applications are not reviewed by the Screening Committee until 5 days after the position has closed. A tentative interview date has been scheduled for the month of MAY/JUNE 2012. Before a person can be hired with the District, the candidate’s name must go to our monthly scheduled Board meeting, the proposed date for this position is scheduled for JULY 2012. If you have not been contacted by the Personnel Office by the date of the tentative interviews, our office will send out letters; however we can not send any letters until the Board of Trustees has approved the hire.
1. To be considered a candidate for an Academic Position in the Yuba Community College District: (a) you must return a fully completed Yuba Community College District Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts – All - Graduate/Undergraduate, Role Statement, Diversity Statement, Three (3) current letters of recommendation, and a Cover letter/letter of interest, must be received no later than the Final Filing Date. Submission of these materials is the candidate's responsibility.
2. Candidates wishing to apply for more than one (1) position must submit a separate application & required materials for each position.
3. A Selection Committee will screen all applications. All initial interviews will be conducted after the filing deadline date. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the candidate of an interview.
4. Unless otherwise stated, interviews are held at Yuba College, Marysville, California. Second interviews may be required for selected
5. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
6. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
7. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
8. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that
applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
9. The College does not return to the candidate materials submitted in application for a position.
10. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
11. Applicants must understand that Yuba College classes are in operation 7:00 a.m. through 10:00 p.m. and that an instructor is subject to a combination day-night assignment. If circumstances dictate, an instructor may also be assigned entirely or partially to classes throughout the District.
12. IMPORTANT:Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
Marysville is located in the northern Sacramento Valley, approximately 40 miles north of Sacramento, less than a one hour drive, and approximately a two hour drive from San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. The area offers many forms of recreational activities ranging from museums to hunting and fishing to boating and skiing. The size of the community and its affordable housing make it an ideal area to live in and raise a family.
Also, California State Universities at Chico and Sacramento and the University of California at Davis are an hour from Marysville.
The vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative, world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region; Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
PLEASE NOTE: OUR OFFICE IS NO LONGER SENDING OUT APPLICATION PACKETS. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY FAXED NOR EMAILED MATERIALS.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.