Detailed Job Description
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing planning and direction for strategic enrollment management for institution including managing and initiating new student recruitment including visits to high schools and community agencies and participation in college fairs and community events.
- Provides supervision and support to coordinators and staff in the unit; builds a positive work environment.
- Coordinates recruitment calendar and travel including informational sessions, materials, presentations and activities with the marketing department and other related offices.
- Develops and implements enrollment management strategies and best practices to support the college mission and vision.
- Reports to the College on new student enrollment numbers and related trends such as retention and withdrawals.
- Oversees the processing and evaluation of all applications for enrollment to the College.
- Provides leadership and direction for Admissions and Early Admit to College programs and related grant activities.
- Ensures enrollment and college-wide information and the delivery of services for all students who wish to enroll in credit courses and programs.
- Works collaboratively with the entire college community for planning and execution of recruitment initiatives in order to achieve strategic enrollment objectives; helps to build bridges between non-credit and credit enrollments.
- Promotes and maintains a strong and effective collaborative working relationship between Admissions, the Registrar, Student Outreach, Advising, Student Development and Orientation, as well as Financial Aid, Bursar and Veterans Services.
- Engages in communication with off campus constituencies including high schools, agencies, state and local professional organizations, area colleges, community based establishments, Department of Higher Education, and other education partners to promote positive, consistent message about Greenfield Community College.
- Collaborates with program coordinators and other staff members to admit students into selective academic programs such as nursing, outdoor leadership, and into certain special programs such as ESL.
- Oversees the state-funded Early Admit program and initiates RFP process and all Department of Higher Education reporting.
- Oversees the development of joint admissions agreements with area colleges and supports implementation of the state-wide academic transfer pathways projects via admissions processes.
- Promotes the College to representatives of high schools and agencies through events, materials, web resources, and special programs.
- Promotes and oversees the development, maintenance and upgrades of Banner Admissions and related modules such as recruitment, transfer, on-line inquiry form and application and new software implementation such as Parchment.
- Manages the admissions portion of our automated student information system (Banner) and assists the Director of Assessment in maintaining statistics and computer data files pertaining to recruitment and enrollment.
- Works with all areas of the College, particularly Academic Affairs, to initiate and promote outreach and program recruitment activities.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Marketing & Public Affairs in the development of recruiting initiatives, publications, and strategies.
- Oversees SEVIS compliance and international student enrollment, serves as Primary Designated School Official for (ICE) Immigration and Customs Enforcement SEVIS federal student tracking and governmental regulatory reports.
- Engages in shared governance committee and activities as supported by the Dean.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervises and oversees the activities and performance of staff members in the Admissions Office, Testing Center, Health Records, Dual-enrollment recruiting and admissions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with GCC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommending for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, and taking appropriate steps to optimize performance; addressing complaints and resolving interpersonal problems.
- Master's Degree with three years related experience or a Bachelor's Degree and equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in areas of recruiting, admissions, enrollment, processes.
- Experience managing staff and a budget.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Commitment to a customer/student service philosophy required.
- Successful experience working with diverse student bodies and commitment to a support environment for all students.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of teamwork and mutual respect within a group.
- Experience with Student Information Management System software, preferably Banner or similar SIMS software.
- Community College experience preferred.
- Experience working with college-level faculty.
- Experience in program marketing and advertising.
- Experience in developing outreach programs, particularly for economically disadvantaged and/or ESL or under-represented populations preferred.
- Ability to interact with all members of the college community, particularly including a diverse, multicultural student body, mindful of the College vision and mission.
- Grant management and reporting experience.
- Experience in partnership programs with community agencies and/or high schools.
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college serving approximately 5,000 credit and credit-free students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Services, directs activities related to student enrollment management, including but not limited to: Admissions, Early Admit, and Health Records. Leads the process for designing recruiting and admissions plans, Manages student recruitment, collaborates with other GCC offices in the implementation of admissions activities, creates, maintains, and enhances relations with local high schools, professional organizations, area colleges, community based organizations and other education partners; oversees enrollment policies and guidelines, joint admissions agreements with colleges and universities, and the maintenance of other transfer pathways; collaborates with the Manager of Marketing and Public Affairs to develop and implement recruiting and outreach projects; provides leadership to the departmental team. Partners with selective academic programs to ensure provision of student information, selective criteria, and conducts information sessions as required on selective admissions process. Manages communication and admission processes for all international students and requirements of PDSO for Immigration and Customs Enforcement are addressed.