Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Responsibilities for this Postdoctoral Research Associate position will include:
• Designing and performing laboratory experiments.
• Developing novel systems to study mutagenesis in human cell systems.
• Comparing molecular biology results with genomics data.
• Preparing research results for publications
• Presenting research results in lab and at scientific meetings
• A Ph.D. in genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
• Experience with yeast culture and/or tissue culture, PCR, cloning, as well as DNA and protein extraction.
• Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
• The ability to design controlled experiments
• A willingness to collaborate and learn new experimental techniques.
• Excellent record keeping skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with scripting using R and Perl is a plus.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.