Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Office of Technology Services is looking for a high energy, dedicated Computer Lab Technician to join our team. This job isn’t for everybody! If you like rotating shifts, working nights, weekends, and/or days, growing your own troubleshooting skill set, using your creativity to solve complex problems, staying calm in stressful situations and perform under pressure when you are the only one on duty, supervising 10-45 workstudies depending on the semester, being the first line of triage and support for labs and classrooms, and you like the challenge of juggling competing priorities daily please continue reading for further details.
• Assists students, faculty and staff with computer issues.
• Troubleshoots and resolves computer problems.
• Maintains log of computer updates and problems.
• Coordinates the work of assigned student workers.
• Assists in building new computers for deployment in labs and classrooms.
• Maintains and updates laptop carts.
• Supplies computer labs with paper and other supplies.
• Assists in help desk operations as needed.
• Documents procedures, including project status and change management.
• Completes daily reports.
• Enforces computer lab use policies.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of technology user service principles and practices.
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
• Knowledge of problem analysis and troubleshooting principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Computer Lab Coordinator assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include San Juan College computer lab policies, industry best practices, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related technical duties. Frequent changes to industry standards and technology updates contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for the operation of campus computer labs. Success in this position results in the provision of computer services to students.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping or walking. The employee frequently lifts heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
• The work is typically performed in an office or computer lab.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position supervises assigned student workers.
All applicants subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to submit two letters of recommendation by the interview date.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.