Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position will be a 60% teaching (9 credits per fall and spring semester) and 40% Administrative position for the fall and spring semesters. Additionally, this position will be 100% administrative for the summer semester to allow for the administration of the ALP programs and the Bisti Writing Project. The teaching load will include but not limited to: the Teaching Profession, as well as, Elementary, Secondary and Special Education Field Experiences. These courses constitute both the Introductory and Field Experiences courses for each track of the Alternative Licensure program, and requires clinical supervision of students in field sites (currently between 30-40 site visits per semester) throughout the four corners region.
• Develops and designs curriculum in a variety of delivery modes from face to face, hybrid/online and field based experiences.
• Provides clinical supervision for ALP candidates in Field Experience courses for Elementary/Secondary/SPED teaching placements.
• Travels to field sites to provide observation, coaching and feedback to ALP candidates in a variety of school settings including pre-school, elementary schools, mid-schools, high schools, charter schools and BIE schools throughout the four corners region.
• Collaborates with HR departments at various schools to arrange placements for those candidates who are not employed as teachers.
• Organizes instruction, plans student activities and assignments, responds to online student led discussions and student emails, assesses assignments, responds to student’s private journals during field experience and calculates grades.
• Advises students initially and ongoing throughout their tenure in the program.
• Holds regular office hours. 40 hours per week. Except when out conducting student observations, teaching, or attending meetings etc.
• Supervises staff and adjunct instructors.
• Recruits and determines eligibility for prospective ALP candidates.
• Collaborates with area school district HR departments for hiring and tracking progress of teacher candidates.
• Oversees maintenance of student files for the ALP and ensures NCATE and NMPED compliance.
• Initiates new curriculum and Education course development to meet the needs of local school district teachers based on rules and regulation changes.
• Develops course offering schedules for both ALP and Teacher Education programs.
• Reviews office and program procedures with staff to ensure proficiency
• Attends SOH monthly meetings, monthly department meetings and monthly Dean’s and Director’s statewide meetings
Please provide unofficial transcripts at the time you submit application materials. Official Transcripts and certifications will be required if you are determined a finalist in the search.
3 Letters of Recommendation will be required to be attached to your application at the time of your submitting your materials.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.